By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2013 Where were the RPG's!?!

So we saw a TON of games from both Sony and Microsoft.....but where were the RPG's? I mean, even the so-called RPG's were all focused on shooting.

Here's a list of NEW IP I saw at their press conferences, and ALL OF THEM focus on shooting your gun, first person style:

Destiny (Open-World, MMO, FPS)

The Order: 1886 (Open-World, Shooter)

Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac, Shooter)

Quantum Break (Shooter)

Black Tusk Studio (Rogue, Espionage, Shooter)

TitanFall (Open-World, MMO, FPS)

Division (Apocolyptic, MMO, SHOOTER)

The only thing I saw remotely close to traditional RPG style was:

Final Fantasy 14 (already a failed release once, hope it's better now)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII 15 ( First announced at PS3 E3, may never see it, and still is VERY "action" heavy)

Kingdom Hearts III ( Is just a title, no where near completion)

Seriously, am I the only one upset about this? Solid RPG's are what the playstation family grew up on and love. Where are they!!!  And what's with ALL the new IP being shown, now focused primarily on shooting guns. DAMNIT. If I wanted to shoot guns, I'd go buy one and shoot it. Video games have always been about the escape into the fantastical....the places that weren't real.....the stuff that could never happen in real  life. That's what made them great. Now it seems all the games are laser focused on replicating real world everything, and sticking you in it with a bunch of guns..... Just wish we had some good ole fashion video games like we used to. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for some of that stuff, but it doesn't ALL have to be that way. Anyone else feel the same way after watching everything yesterday?

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

Around the Network

time changes.FFXV is enough for me.

You can add X from Monolith Soft to that list

Pokemon X and Y ;)

Multiplats is where it's at.

Dark Souls 2
Dragon Age Inquisition
Witcher 3
Dragon's Dogma 2/Deep Down

I'm happy.

Around the Network

Did you even watch the Conference? Witcher 3, dark souls 2 alone epic win, Dragon age, FF versus and 14, Kingdom hearts.

i show no interest in shooting game,KZ2 is my first shooting game and the last so far.Some of them are really funny.I like the shooting part from uncharted series,its easy.not mean to bash this type of game,but i think its really too much from this gen.
Anyway the shooting and racing are the trend.the better way for the gamers who like the old RPG especially the turn based is picking the old console and game up then weeping...

Slimebeast said:

Dark Souls 2
Dragon Age Inquisition
Witcher 3

I'm happy.

Dragon's Dogma 2 was announced?! Please yes! Where can I see it???

Angelus said:
Slimebeast said:

Dark Souls 2
Dragon Age Inquisition
Witcher 3

I'm happy.

Dragon's Dogma 2 was announced?! Please yes! Where can I see it???

Not yet... but the conference ain't over yet.

I was quite disappointed not seeing new Fable. And then, there was nothing new on Deep Down, something that I was looking for the most from this E3.

On the brighter side Witcher 3, DA3 and DS2 were there, so it's not a complete bust.