By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you glad or disappointed Retro´s Wii U game is another DKC?

If it turns out the be the only Retro game in 2013-2014 then I'll be very disappointed.

If there's a new IP on the horizon, then I'll be happy as a clam. I guess we just have to wait and see.

I can't imagine Retro moved to a bigger office and hired staff from Naughty Dog, id, and Vigil just to make a sequel to their own game.

Around the Network

Disappointed....Three Donkey Kong games and no Star Fox or Metroid in recent years.

I'm extremely frustrated. What notable difference is there with this game? It's such a waste of talent. This could have been outsourced to some other team and bet nobody could have spotted the difference.

If Reto created a new DK open world game I'd be more interested but this will get a definite pass from me.

I'm happy that I know the game will be done right. (Because Retro are the ones making it.)
But I'm not glad they we don't get to see anything new from them, as of now.

I'm neutral leaning towards glad.

I am happy. Any game from Retro gets me excited. Kind of surprised that people were overjoyed when they announced they were doing it on the Wii but now hate Retro that they are doing a sequel on the Wii U.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

On the plus side it looks great, although I would have preferred something in a different genre that the Wii U is lacking rather then another side scrolling platformer, even if it looks like a really superb one.

Keep in mind that Retro may be working on more than one game. I loved it, and with the Dixie reveal, that was freaking awesome.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

I love donkey kong, but I'm so disappointed.

I too hope Retro is making something else too.

pokeclaudel said:
I'm extremely frustrated. What notable difference is there with this game? It's such a waste of talent. This could have been outsourced to some other team and bet nobody could have spotted the difference.

The difference would be obvious; almost no other dev on the planet does level design like Retro.