By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you glad or disappointed Retro´s Wii U game is another DKC?

Chandler said:

Disappointing conference. The games look good but they are all rehashes. No new IP at all. They wasted so much time to discuss little differences.

This is Mario but he now has a cat costume.
This is Mario Kart but now you can drive on walls.
This is Bayonetta but now she has short hair.
This is Donkey Kong but now he has fluffy fur.

No shit Sherlock, we could see that in the trailer before, no point wasting another 5 minutes pointing this shit out.

I have probably never seen Nintendo struggle this much coming up with new ideas.

I feel like Nintendo is completely out of ideas of how to advance with the Wii U.

But I'm also not paying for online so I guess I am stuck with them and PC.

Edit: On the bright side - 5 player co-op for The Wonderful 101, awesome!

now you're just being biasedly negative. did you notice your complaints are basically that there were no new ip? because new ip's are so much common and at least nintendo has w 101 and bayonetta that's new for their system

Around the Network

Mario Kart would have been a waste of talent. DK isn't.

2D platformers aren't an inherently bad genre, and Retro already proved they can make a fantastic game out of it with DKCR. More importantly, this is the kind of game other Nintendo studios couldn't have don quite the same; Retro's brand of 2D platformer is very different from Mario or Kirby, far more chaotic, fast paced, and intense.

There hasn't been a bad DKC game yet and I am sure this won't be the first. After X and Bayonetta 2, this is now my most anticipated game.

Metroid33slayer said:
JGarret said:

Though I really enjoy DKC, I can´t say I´m not disappointed, I was hoping for something totally new from Retro :

Where did it say dk tropical freeze was a retro developed game, Iwata didn't say.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

Conflicting feelings, I really wanted that Retro was working on something else, something new. But on the other side Donkey Kong Country Returns is a great game that I really liked. S I don't know I am both disapointed and glad

RolStoppable said:
I am glad that Nintendo isn't wasting Retro's talent. Very glad.

Everybody who disagrees can wash a child.

how old are we talking here?

Around the Network

Extremely disappointed, ruined the show for me

what is worst than disappointed?

So disappointed. Nintendo really dropped the ball

Its looks like its on the wii, but I'm sure it plays great and the music is amazing, but Retro are destined for more. Even if they have another title on the side, it was big mistake to not have the team focus on that exclusively. They need hard hitters, DK is not one of them, I'm struggling to justify a Wii U purchase this year. I want to play Pikmin 3 and windwaker but I may just wait till smash bros or mario kart comes out. The wii U will be outsold by the ps4 by march 2014, mark my words.

I'm annoyed.

I wanted a WiiU hardware showcasing game that was rumored. Not another DK game. It looks and will likely be good, but not what I wanted to see.

Dissapointed too.
Wii U doesn`t need another DKC, it needs something new. And i loved the Wii game.