By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

dsoverpsp said:
luinil said:
VG$ is used for the prediction league. That is about it.

is this a response to something?

but VG$ is also used to gain respect

Not really

Around the Network
ugg1020 said:
I'm sorry but Peach is clearly better than Kirby. Peach mains FTW!!!

and Marth is better than all of them!!! Marth ftw!

taomaster06 said:
i thinking of switching my mains, lucas is very good, but he has a lot of flaws. and the more i use him they become a lot more evident. and on thing that really pisses me off is pk thunder if the game is lagging its way too hard to control and i end up dying -_-U. he has strong smashes but they can easily be avoided and they leave him open.

From what I recall I had much more diffculty fighting your Ness than your Lucas!

So don't switch back pleeeeaaaase!

Signature goes here!

Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Grey Acumen said:
Sorry, but Kirby is far greater than Peach:

His small size allows him to often be able to simply duck in order to avoid projectiles
Can copy opponents ability allowing him a diversity of moves that can't be matched
Can eat opponents and then spit them out under the stage
Can do up to 5 midair jumps + UpB, allows him to almost always get back to the stage
His aerial attacks can be easily switched up for either a combo hit or side smash
His running attack is perfect for wearing down shields and intercepting dodges
DownB is great for dropping altitude quickly and breaking up a fray
UpA can be easily combo'd and DownA can delivery a high number of attacks
His normal A attack is possibly one of the fastest attacks next to the star fox crew

I'm not gonna argue with you on this Grey Acumen, Kirby is my main in Brawl. (great Kirby vs Kirby fights yesterday btw!) But how dare you not mention Kirby's coolest move: the side-smash! That little forward kick is a real killer!

It'd be great if it had the wind-up time the original did. It's too long in Brawl IMO. In fact, I think the Side + B hammer has less wind up time.

Hammer on the ground is sooooo slow, mid-air it's pretty quick.

Signature goes here!

Well, the argument that Kirby is better than Peach is a great one for Jigglypuff to take advantage of! While you two are fighting each other, I roll into both of you and kill you at once! muwahahaha. ^o^

But seriously Jigglypuff has one of the best recoveries in the game, Much better than many others. Jigglypuff can float better than Kirby and Peach. Sorry but I think Jigglypuff has a slight air advantage in jumping ability. Now as far as air domination goes, that is probably not Jigglypuff's strongest point, but she does have better air attacks than she does ground attacks (minus specials).

Jigglypuff FTW!

Tao remember that match where I beat your wolf at the end thanks to my roll? You just held your shield and then I attacked and smashed your shield and then smashed you~! ^_^ That was great fun!

Around the Network
dsoverpsp said:
ugg1020 said:

Pfft, all Marth has going for him is a sword.  Peach has a golf club, tennis racket, frying pan, parasol, Toad, turnip generator, bomb/beam saber/??? generator, and the ability to make hearts appear that kill people.  Marth is totally outgunned.

Words Of Wisdom said:
dsoverpsp said:
ugg1020 said:

Pfft, all Marth has going for him is a sword. Peach has a golf club, tennis racket, frying pan, parasol, Toad, turnip generator, bomb/beam saber/??? generator, and the ability to make hearts appear that kill people. Marth is totally outgunned.

lolz. QFT!

TruckOSaurus said:

Hammer on the ground is sooooo slow, mid-air it's pretty quick.

Kirby is one of those characters that really benefits a lot from his aerial moves... despite their short range.

Words Of Wisdom said:
dsoverpsp said:
ugg1020 said:

Pfft, all Marth has going for him is a sword. Peach has a golf club, tennis racket, frying pan, parasol, Toad, turnip generator, bomb/beam saber/??? generator, and the ability to make hearts appear that kill people. Marth is totally outgunned.

That ??? is a Mr. Saturn generator!

Signature goes here!

Mr. Saturn... how could I forget him? He actually stops projectiles as he walks along the ground. ^_^

As a side note, has anyone considered just how weird it would be to be a Mr. Saturn? You're innocently walking around one day and then boom, you're somewhere else as Peach pulls you out of... well... I don't really know where Peach keeps all these things but that doesn't matter. So suddenly you're somewhere else get picked up and thrown around by random people getting hit by swords, lasers, and all mannor of nasty things until you fly off the stage to go splat on the ground below.

It's actually kind of gruesome... poor Mr. Saturn.