By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Princess Azula said:
When was the last time Marth won anything big or even did well?

NEO is the best Marth in the country, and he's had multiple times where he has not placed well, like only getting 17th/65 at CH4.5 tieing with Pierce, the best Marth in NJ. Almost everyone that knows Marth's metagame, and a lot of the top players, agrees that he's only high tier, not top. Characters that will move are ZSS and Diddy kong. Both of them will make top tier before Marth will. Hell, Olimar would make it before Marth.

Roy R placing 5th at HOBO.  losing a very close set against azen's lucario.  I think diddy kong should definately move up....he has so many good options and is really hard to work around.  but, Marth is still overused and people are placing with him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5UW-zw9_Ck

Around the Network
chriscox1121 said:
Princess Azula said:

NEO is the best Marth in the country, and he's had multiple times where he has not placed well, like only getting 17th/65 at CH4.5 tieing with Pierce, the best Marth in NJ. Almost everyone that knows Marth's metagame, and a lot of the top players, agrees that he's only high tier, not top. Characters that will move are ZSS and Diddy kong. Both of them will make top tier before Marth will. Hell, Olimar would make it before Marth.

Roy R placing 5th at HOBO.  losing a very close set against azen's lucario.  I think diddy kong should definately move up....he has so many good options and is really hard to work around.  but, Marth is still overused and people are placing with him

That vido gose to show you that all the skill in the wold is nothing when a chater is much stronger then another... the didily did not do that many combos it was mostly hit away over and over.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

chriscox1121 said:
Princess Azula said:

Damn I wish my Diddy Kong could be that good!!! Hylian sure knows how to gimp with him.

Signature goes here!

The only character that was in top tier that is likely to fall is ROB. Diddy Kong will take his place before Marth will. Marth is more likely to drop on the tier list than he is to rise. Marth is also placing significantly worse. He went from 4th in character rankings to 9th behind both the characters I mentioned -- ZSS and Diddy Kong.

Roy_r also lost Oh Snap to Dojo. Marth is not doing as well as you make it seem. He doesn't win anything at higher levels. Roy_r's 5th place didn't earn him any money, and that HOBO was awile back.

And, according to EL, there's bias against Marth in SBR. Most top level players don't think too highly of him (M2K for example saying that Toon Link is as good as Marth).

He's not making top tier and doesn't deserve to anyways.

New tier list out : (Yeah Peach moved up!)

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

i think mario will move up in the low tier

Wow, that tier list is a joke.

Even the first one is better. Who the hell makes a tier list with not one, but multiple characters getting their own tier? I made a for fun tier list, and it's probably more accurate than this garbage.

who are you maining now riot

I main Marth.

2nds would be Metaknight, Lucario and Peach.

i dont see anything overly bad about the list other than falco needs to be lower and ddd needs to be 3