By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Words Of Wisdom said:
And very sleepy. I go night-night now. See you tomorrow internet peoples. ^_^

dont you mean tonight (well atleast for me)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

@Brute

Brawl doesn't even have combos, LOL. That game is made for people with no real skill or talent. Just camp and you are now a top level player. There's no skill involved at all... A noob could beat an exerienced player at times which is a joke. In a true fighting game, you would win 100 times in a row against a lesser player. It's impossible in this game because there is no skill. Everyone beats everyone. It's just a stupid party game that I plan on selling.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

^^^ I see from that photo above that Ivy has used her gold winnings wisely and opted for some serious bazonga upgrades (or boob implants, whichever you prefer)

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Riot Of The Blood said:
@Brute

Brawl doesn't even have combos, LOL. That game is made for people with no real skill or talent. Just camp and you are now a top level player. There's no skill involved at all... A noob could beat an exerienced player at times which is a joke. In a true fighting game, you would win 100 times in a row against a lesser player. It's impossible in this game because there is no skill. Everyone beats everyone. It's just a stupid party game that I plan on selling.

yeah,but in games like tekken and to some extent soul calibur,people win by just mashing any button

the only fighters that are all skill,are some older ones like marvel vs capcom,street fighter and the newer virtua fighters(4,evolution,5)

Around the Network

Anyone here know what l canceling is? How do you do it?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
@Brute

So did you enjoy our matches on SC4 earlier? See anything you like?

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Back OT: I'd hate to say it but i kinda agree with Riot of the Blood... Brawl just doesn't do it for me, I haven't touched that game in weeks. The online is a joke ( i guess playing with friends you get better connections, but random matches can vary from slight chugs to slide shows during some matches).

As far as fighting games go I've never been that big a fan save for the big arcade titles like MK and Street Fighter, but i love the original Smash for its simplicity and Melee for its unashamedly ode to everything Nintendo... Brawl on the other hand feels like Melee 2.0 and after sinking countless hours into Melee i can't be arsed to do the same with brawl just to unlock a trophy from an obscure game ive never head of.

And I don't know if it's just me, but ive playing with all the control setups in Brawl and i find the gameplay to still be a tad off and not quite as responsive as Melee or the original (my fav)... i cant tell you how many times ill go for an item and instead of picking it up my guy will do some random half-assed move like kick or punch in place or dash passed it, which accomplishes nothing and just leaves me to be a sitting duck for whoever just grabbed that Pokeball or assist trophy i was just about grab. And on top of that there's just so much shit going on at once it's hard to keep track of my character for more than 5 seconds without something blowing up or going apeshit and I'm left scrambling trying to figure out what the hell just happened and where I am, and then i get knocked out. Lame.

IMO Mario Kart is the only Wii game (well maybe MoH:H2) that does online gaming any justice... i'd try joining you guys in Brawl sometime but I'd probably just look like a fool flailing around while everyone else is magically executing perfectly-timed moves like its nothing.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Anyone here know what l canceling is? How do you do it?

This is in Melee, right?  I think you have to press right L before you land.  It is supposed to shorten landing lag due to aerials I think.  I haven't played Melee in months so I could be wrong.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

@Ivo

Yeah, those matches were very fun. I like that the fights didn't take a long time and they weren't all slow.

This is going to be a game where you will need to practice in which I love. That's one of the best things about fighters -- you progessively improve your skill. I need to play around more. I'm not sure who will be my main.