By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Luigi's always been a semi-clone of Mario, I assume that's still the case. Havn't heard otherwise.

Around the Network
dude17761991hatp said:
My biggest fear lies in the Subspace Emissary. Famitsu praised it in their review, but in the IGN Wii-kly podcast, they expressed distaste with it, calling it boring. Despite a surprising amount of negative comments about the game, including the levels, they closed saying that this game is second only to Galaxy, or in Cassamassina's opinion, 3rd after MP3:C. Hopefully it will be as delicious as I'm imagining it will be.

I feel SSE to be full of awesome and win so far. About 25% done. When it comes out in your area, judge for yourself.

dude17761991hatp said:
My biggest fear lies in the Subspace Emissary. Famitsu praised it in their review, but in the IGN Wii-kly podcast, they expressed distaste with it, calling it boring. Despite a surprising amount of negative comments about the game, including the levels, they closed saying that this game is second only to Galaxy, or in Cassamassina's opinion, 3rd after MP3:C. Hopefully it will be as delicious as I'm imagining it will be.
 IGN is saying  a side-scrolling game is linear.  Think about it.  Not very intelligent. lol Also, they cannot speak Japanese very well.  They dont understand any of the dialogue. Im sure the cutscenes provide a lot of humor and storyline.  Dont listen to them.  The game will be amazing.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I will ban you all if you mention a REVIEW score on this thread again. Do not seek validation from others, they will always fail you eventually.

Are all of these epic sequences cut scenes that I'll see anyway? I mean, if I'll see them in SSE for sure, I don't want to watch. However, if they're not that easy to access, I'll watch them now.

Around the Network

Hmm, it's true Mario and Luigi were always partial clones, then in Melee they added a couple other partial clones and people liked it, now they add a couple other partial clones and even made them more unique and people have flown off the handle. It's like they wanted 50 unique characters that were from ALL their favorite games and on top of it all had a single player mode that put SMB3 to a shame, in the sidescrolling sense.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

so wait
does the game come out sunday the 9th?
or gets shipped on the 9th
and sold on the 10th??????????????????????????????

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Hmm, it's true Mario and Luigi were always partial clones, then in Melee they added a couple other partial clones and people liked it, now they add a couple other partial clones and even made them more unique and people have flown off the handle. It's like they wanted 50 unique characters that were from ALL their favorite games and on top of it all had a single player mode that put SMB3 to a shame, in the sidescrolling sense.

To be fair, Sakurai might have done that do himself, when he mentioned wanting to stay away from clones.  I think people are fine with (semi) clones when it's appropriate as in Mario/Luigi, Fox/Falco, Link/Young Link, Pikachu/Pichu.  In all those cases it was logical they'd share most attacks.

The one that annoyed people was Ganandorf, as generally people didn't feel the Cap. Falcon moves suited him.  So him still having that moveset is disappointing to say the least.  At least it looks more different and he transforms into Ganon, but still, some sword / magic attacks would have been great.

Also Toon Link shouldn't really have the same attacks, but whatever. 

Wolf is the only one I'm really hearing bitching about.  Another semi-clone of Fox.  It's makes sense, a little bit.  And yes he's heavier, slower, there's a lot of difference - for a clone.  The Landmaster FS is disappointing.  Krystal would have gotten a better reception, or at least would have if she used staff attacks, instead of being a semi-clone of Fox, same with Wolf.

I think people forget Melee did the same though, worse even. Mario, Luigi and Dr. Mario. So Wolf isn't precident setting or anything, just a little bit of a let down. 

Frankly, if they are going to continue with cloning, then I think fans would have accepted that (with slight disappointment) if that's what Sakurai had said instead and in fact, hoped for more.  Raichu (sp?), Dark Samus, an F-Zero Cap. Falc clone, etc.

Anyway,  I think the issue is beaten to death now.  Let's all agree that it's not ideal, but in the end, the more characters the merrier. Wolf, Toon Link, Ganondorf fans will be happy they are even in the game, and that's what counts. 

aiden.cronus said:
so wait
does the game come out sunday the 9th?
or gets shipped on the 9th
and sold on the 10th??????????????????????????????
 You can pick it up the 9th.  I can potentially be in your hands on the 9th.  Game stores are always open on Sundays. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:

IGN is saying  a side-scrolling game is linear.  Think about it.  Not very intelligent. lol Also, they cannot speak Japanese very well.  They dont understand any of the dialogue. Im sure the cutscenes provide a lot of humor and storyline.  Dont listen to them.  The game will be amazing.

Actually, the only things I can think of seeing so far that you read are names. Dialogue is basically non-existant. Just laughs, gasps, and other sounds. They can still be funny and are used to move the plot forward. I haven't looked at what IGN said exactly though, so I can't speak directly on it, but so far the only issue I could see is that, yes, if you don't like side-scrolling linear play, you may not completely like it. There are sometimes side rooms and such that you can go to though.