By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will outsell XBoxOne 2-to-1 in the US and 3-to-1 globally this year.

PS4 will outsell the Xbone, yeah. By quite a margin. But 3:1? Unlikely.

If we mean first "full" year (launch aligned) including launch (so November-November) I see neither console getting over 8mil for that year. So the Xbone would have to sell below 2.7mil in its first year, including the launch period, for it to sell 1/3rd of the PS4 numbers.

For comparison, the Wii U is currently near 3.2mil, with 5 and a half months still to go. So you can see how much of an absolute disaster it would have to be.

I think MS will still win America, with Sony dominating in Japan and Europe. Nintendo could take Japan and close the gap in Europe, however. So 7.5mil for PS4 and 4.8mil for Xbone.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I can see PS4 outselling Xbone in US.

WW PS4 will really crush Xbone.

RolStoppable said:
ethomaz said:

I propose that from now on we spell "Xbone" with a backwards "b".

I have fear to be banned but the ideia is really great

MS can charge 1000 dollars and kick you in the balls, most americans will still be loyal to Bill Gates.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

RolStoppable said:
ethomaz said:

I propose that from now on we spell "Xbone" with a backwards "b".

That's a risky plan, even for you

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I agree with the prediction.

Despite having more promising exclusives on the horizon, Xbox One's sales will be highly affected by the price tag, the DRM, the required online connection, and the Kinect. Aside from the price tag, it's too late for Microsoft to deal with these issues.

2 - 1 in the US? Hmmmmm...If they sell 1 - 1 it will be good. Unless MS will have supply issues.

not going to happen. both consoles are going to sell out all year.
So it all depends on who makes the most consoles.
But lifetime, unless MS backtrack on some of their things theres a good chance the PS4 will greatly outsell the XBONE

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

I disagree with this. I can't see the playstation outselling the xbox in the US.

oldschoolfool said:
I disagree with this. I can't see the playstation outselling the xbox in the US.

6,000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm somebody now!!!!!!!!!!!