By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Now requires PS+ for MULTIPLAYER!

Are you jumping out because of the loss of free multiplayer?

Yes 191 17.83%

No 708 66.11%

See Results 172 16.06%

Total:1,071
papamudd said:
Also who is really jumping out for $50 a year + 3 months usually??? There is still no pay wall blocking anything else. Also I think Gakai will be a separate fee...

Details on Gaikai are simply not there yet. I'm sure the details are currently being hammered out, even as engineers are working on getting all those titles available and cloud servers set up.

What will probably happen, is that some games will be available for free play through Gaikai, similar to the way PSN+ subscribers are granted free access to a list of games each month.

Other games will likely have access/licensing fees to play them on a per game basis similar to OnLive. Pay the access fee and now you have access to your game via your PSN account on any Playstation connected to the net. No reason why this won't work or won't be available on the PS3 as well. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. 

The reason why most are claiming to be "jumping out" over this is more over some sense of principle. The minority who are legitimately concerned about the added cost would probably be better off gaming on their PCs, or learning how to build one if they don't have a gaming PC. 

It is a bit of a nag though that the most basic of basics (online play) is only available through paid subscription though. That was arguably the biggest gig against XBLG. XBL standard takes away a LOT of services, making the XB360 a very basic box on a functional level, but the online play was the one "premium" service that was actually important to gamers. 

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
hatmoza said:
Porcupine_I said:
i think the title of this thread should be changed to:

"Sony welcomes XBOX Gamers to PS4 by providing a experience they are comfortable with"

lol

Who are you, and why haven't I seduced you into sex yet?

i was hired by badgenome to make bad jokes while he was on E3 blackout, but now that he is back i may as well stay until he pays me.

...so what was that about sex ?

If you want the money you have to forget about the sex. Badgenome wouldn't approve of me sleeping with his employees.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

this seems more like reading between the lines than a confirmation to me.

won't matter either way though, as i'll likely not play online anyway, but i'll be fine with it when i start working again.

If really they have to do it due to costs, the only acceptable way would be to make gamers pay if they want to play multiplayer trough Sony servers, but allowing them to play without paying Sony through unofficial 3rd party services, including the publishers' own servers if they're willing to provide this service (like they already do for PC gaming).
Obviously this way the gamers wouldn't get Sony related trophies, achievements, etc, but just those managed by the 3rd party services, but at least free basic multiplayer would still be there.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

If you want the money you have to forget about the sex. Badgenome wouldn't approve of me sleeping with his employees.

Go ahead. They're only employees if I pay them.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
this seems more like reading between the lines than a confirmation to me.

Tretton confirmed it in an interview with GT.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Imaginedvl said:
walsufnir said:
Hahaha, sorry guys, but all this "no problem for me" *now*... Well, it's nice to see how opinions can change if you don't have an option anymore :) PAYWALL!

Yah when I saw the "it is okay, good strategy from Sony, expected, it does not bother me at all" reactions from the so called Playstation nation I was laughting so hard ;) this is so hilarious to know the same exact people were bashing Xboxlive so hard not a week ago and "claiming" they would never pay for it! Fun time!

it was a let down, but considering that no drm and that PSN+ doesn't need to be purchased to play games offline and other services like Netflix is still a good deal. Everyone who buys xbox1, must subscribe to xbox live to do anything apart from using it as a bluray player.

This is how i see it, Pc (No space and no money for it) So take it out of the option....
3ds - Already got this and its okay..
Wii u - Not even sure about this... Probably not going to buy
Ps4 - Hell yes dont even care about 40/50 pounds a year... Psn will get exclusives/freegames/Free dlc
Xbox one - No.

because it's so simple and cheap. I'm cool with it

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke