By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Now requires PS+ for MULTIPLAYER!

Are you jumping out because of the loss of free multiplayer?

Yes 191 17.83%

No 708 66.11%

See Results 172 16.06%

Total:1,071
walsufnir said:
weaveworld said:
walsufnir said:
wick said:
Well seeing as I've had an xbox live gold account for the past 4 years I won't care whatsoever.

At least I'll own my games

unless you quit ps+ - all the rentals are gone, right?

yes, and when you pay up again... they're back! ;p

And when you do not subscribe for half a year, the games that you got for "free" in this time are not available to you, right?

No, the games you get you get for paying a subscription. So yes they are not available when you are not paying.

But I don't know what you are getting at, if it's about the remark from Wick about owning his own games... he will own his own games on PS4. Everything he buys on disc is his. Unlike the Microsoft way.

Around the Network

It went over most peoples heads it seems. Including mine. Expect no one to realize until they buy a PS4 for themselves. So, only Nintendo remains....

weaveworld said:
walsufnir said:

And when you do not subscribe for half a year, the games that you got for "free" in this time are not available to you, right?

No, the games you get you get for paying a subscription. So yes they are not available when you are not paying.

But I don't know what you are getting at, if it's about the remark from Wick about owning his own games... he will own his own games on PS4. Everything he buys on disc is his. Unlike the Microsoft way.

Just wanted some clarification how ps+ works.

iceland said:
mantlepiecek said:

Are people comparing paying for PS+ and paying for gold? They are vastly different, and plus is ridiculously amazing for somebody who has more than one PS console that supports it.

It is still not a rip-off like gold was and is. People like me who don't like to pay a subscription for anything will have a problem with it.

Are they vastly different?

Both now require a paywall to access multiplayer

Both offer exclusive deals for the service

Now the only difference is that Sony lets you borrow games as long as you have the service

Unless I'm missing something big, for the record I've always been against paying for multiplayer I just find it so jarring that Sony fans are now fine with the argument they've been using since the ps3 came out. Now that gold is getting free games on 360 and if they keep that going into Xbox One, is there much of a difference if any? 

Twitch Vs Ustream?

300,000 dedicated/cloud servers Vs Gaikai?

We'll always find something to argue non stop about on the internet! Have no fear!!

crissindahouse said:
i don't care for that and also pay for xbox live since 2005 but i really want to see the people who said for years "paying to play online is a joke" or "i would never buy a console where i have to pay for something which has to be free as industry standard".

but many of them will probably say now "well, i already pay for ps+ and it won't cost me more" even when that is not the point thinking about their posts of the last years.

i hope they will also use dedicated servers for everything now, i would happily pay just for that.

^^Bingo....its no surprise to me though. Just take note of the hyprocrisy, accept it and move on. There are a lot of people who are not real with themselves when it comes to gaming and will say anything to stay loyal to a brand. Im sure if Sony had used game restrictions we would be seeing the same type of comments. Microsoft know gamers always conform to anything they put in front of them so all this doom and gloom because of a price and used games restriction is nonsense. People are going to buy those consoles reguardless. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
wick said:
Well seeing as I've had an xbox live gold account for the past 4 years I won't care whatsoever.

At least I'll own my games

unless you quit ps+ - all the rentals are gone, right?

Lol DRM boycott stops with the X1 then?

They said "immersive multiplayer" will require ps plus. This means that normal multiplayer is still gonna be free, but persistant MMO's will require a plus subscription.

It's a real shame, I think they should at least introduce an entry level PS+ subscription to pay for online that is only $20 / £15 a year or something if they really need the money to do it. Hopefully the Gaikai features and PS+ perks can make the pill a little less bitter to swallow.

well PS3 is still free online,this is next gen sony,

alot of us here are plus subs anyway,i only get it when it is on offer myself and it runs well into next year but for new buyers it is equal to xbox now and not an advantage

nintendo can really make some headlines now i think if they get marketing with the cheapest console with no paywalls,whether it will last is anyones guess

will you be able to buy a pass for an individual game to play multiplayer or will you have to subscribe period to access i wonder,sounds like the latter

Above & Beyond

live not being free was the reason i got a PS3, well that and it had ps2 and ps1 BC. Now the PS4 you have to pay for online and no BC. I feel like consoles are going the wrong way now. I still will probably get PS4 eventually but i'm not paying for PS+. Gonna get a Wii U after the price drop that is probably coming soon.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X