By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Now requires PS+ for MULTIPLAYER!

Are you jumping out because of the loss of free multiplayer?

Yes 191 17.83%

No 708 66.11%

See Results 172 16.06%

Total:1,071
slowmo said:
Cthulhu said:
slowmo said:
After we've read years of threads like the one below, it's now ok to charge for online to Sony fans is it?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152272&page=1

PS+ is a great service. Had it for over 2 years and I never play online multiplayer games

I think the same about other subscription services so I don't doubt it.  Perhaps people will now be more tolerant and understanding that paying for something is not a rip off or extortion if people see value in a product.

I agree with you

Around the Network

It's wrong and Sony knows it. Online gameplay should be free, 'premium content' you can charge for. They got it right with PS+. It saddens me the way the industry is headed.

Cthulhu said:
I see why some people don't like it. But it will grow on you, PS+ is a great service

It's a great service but an optional one. I have the option to pay it and receive it's great features (also might give me access to the game saves I have in the cloud storage if I were to pay up, can't get them at the moment. :P).

I do not agree that paying for online is good thing and for those who currently don't pay PS+ it's like a charge to use something you can use for free on PS3 anyway. It's a backwards step.

Hmm, pie.

I can personally do without playing online but I get psn+ in 3 month allotments so it won't matter to me. But the online infrastructure looks excellent on ps4 although I still believe basic online play should be free

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Sony really slayed MS last night, but it amazes me how so many people are ok with pay to play after having so many years of free to play. The negativity for XBox Gold has been insanely strong especially amongst PS3 users.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

So now Sony fans are okay with it? Interesting

Are people comparing paying for PS+ and paying for gold? They are vastly different, and plus is ridiculously amazing for somebody who has more than one PS console that supports it.

It is still not a rip-off like gold was and is. People like me who don't like to pay a subscription for anything will have a problem with it.

Guess i'll be sticking with this gen.. Or evetually a WiiU, when Zelda comes out.

iceland said:
So now Sony fans are okay with it? Interesting

Looking at the post below yours, apparently so.

This will be a problem for my brother and my cousin cause all they play is Fifa and Cod. Personally i have been a ps+ member for last 2 years so i really don´t have much issue with it. I already decieded to renew my subscription for ps3 this year, since all the games i have downloaded made up for it.

Still don´t know if i get a ps4 though..