By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone Launches in November at around 499.99!

Price?

Too high 563 88.66%

Worth it 16 2.52%

Just right 25 3.94%

Other 29 4.57%

Total:633
the2real4mafol said:

But how does that equate to a $160 difference? There's no way VAT and shipping is that expensive to make such a difference. That's £100 difference for the same product!

Forget everything else, VAT alone is £85, $132.

That took two seconds of calculation.

Around the Network

No console is worth $499 to me at launch.

LOL i am sure Sony ps4 would cost 499 . considering what you get the price is decent. At least its better then ps3 price of 599

haxxiy said:
Zero999 said:
Slimebeast said:
What if Kaz Hirai steps up and just says "399 Dollars"?

$499 is too much. $399 is the sweet spot.

399 is too much too. also, if the "less powerful" xone will cost 499 coming from a company that can take more losses than sony, how much will the "powerfull ps4 cost from sony that can't afford big losses?

Man, gotta love the simplistic logic of VGChartz users. It's like my little cousin on the kindergarten <3

I could give you reasons why you are wrong, but instead I prefer to bet the PS4 will be cheaper, and even incur more profits straigthaway, and have a chance to change that ugly avatar of yours. So, what's going to be?

aside from kinect, no xone components seem more expensive than ps4 ones. i suppose M$ could be profiting at that price point so if sony take some losses ps4 could release for less than that.

Anyway the most probable scenario puts ps4 at the same price point of xone or higher.

dane007 said:
LOL i am sure Sony ps4 would cost 499 . considering what you get the price is decent. At least its better then ps3 price of 599

Unfortunately no.  PS3 was still high, but you got backwards compatability with all PS titles, as well as more importantly one of the best blu-ray players on the market at the time.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

429 quid. Madness.

double post. Madness.

No banjo threeie, no buy

$499 is too much for a console, but that's the way it needs to be if Sony and MS are going to push the tech boundaries like this. It's not too much for what's in it, though it is too much when you factor in Live. The price is exactly where I expected. I would say a slow launch with MS expecting things to pick up in future years.

Spurge, I don't know what you're talking about as far as content. I thought it was exceptionally weak for a launch...unless you really need Forza 5. Battlefield and Witcher did look impressive, but they're not exclusive titles. The rest was very uninspired.

SamuelRSmith said:
the2real4mafol said:

But how does that equate to a $160 difference? There's no way VAT and shipping is that expensive to make such a difference. That's £100 difference for the same product!

Forget everything else, VAT alone is £85, $132.

That took two seconds of calculation.

Just to show how much of a ripoff it is. US $499 = £320 roughly. 20% of £320 = £64. So the price should of been around £380 to £400, not £429 with VAT included 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018