By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate the Microsoft Conference! - I do not think anyone will be able to beat their exclusives!! Gamers mad about DRM voted it down! For Shame!!!

Rate

Out of this world 10 plus! 66 8.52%

10 45 5.81%

9 72 9.29%

8 103 13.29%

7 144 18.58%

6 108 13.94%

5 159 20.52%

other post below ( you lie!) 77 9.94%

Total:774

I clicked on 9, but in retrospect I am thinking more of an 8. Mostly because of that price. $500 for that hardware is simply ridiculous. If they are planning on forcing Kinect on us, they should have been willing to eat more of a loss on each unit sold.

Ryse - I thought this game looked good. Great, even. Seemed like a next gen Conan/God of War. I hope there are much more brutal finishing moves in the final game. Only saw one that had dismemberment. Don't think I'd pay $60 for it though.

Forza 5 - Looked good, looked like Forza I guess. It does have a potentially revolutionary feature with the Drivatars though. Cloud redeemed? The potential here is enormous.

Crimson Dragon - I loved Panzer Dragoon on Saturn. And the flying area in Darksiders was my favorite part of the game. There won't be much hype for this game but this is a real killer app for me. I would easily pay $60 for it.

Dead Rising 3 - I was laughing the entire time this game was shown because of how stupid it looks. Maybe it's because I have been playing the shit out of State of Decay, a game that takes a real attempt at zombie survival. I know DR is not that kind of franchise though. This is an Earth Defense Force type game to me. Something I would spend $30 or so on, nowhere near $60 though.

Dark Souls 2 - Tried Demon Souls, not my cup of tea.

MGS5 - I tried 3-4 times to get into MGS4 and never could. Not interested in this game at all. So Snake has a robot hand, eh? Cool.

Witcher 3 - Looked great, will be great.

Minecraft - IDGAF

What Lies Below - Looked nice. Could be a hit, who knows.

Quantum Break - One of my most anticipated next gen titles. MS is really pushing the envelope with games like this and Forza 5.

Sunset Overdrive - Meh. The style just throws me off.

D4 - Could be good, who knows.

Killer Instinct - While it's great that MS listened to fans and is reviving this, I have never been a huge fan.

Halo - Meh. It's more Halo. I am not a big fan.

BF4 - Looked gorgeous, but also looked boring as fuck. I mean, it's the exact same stuff we can play right now today. I can pop in BF3 and experience the same SP, only now it's slightly prettier.

Spark - I don't think I have the name right but this is very intriguing.

Titanfall - Potential game of the show for me. Can't believe MS was able to snag this as an exclusive.

I might have left something out Xbone wise. 360 what they showed seemed ok I guess. I have never even heard of World of Tanks. The 2 free 360 games per month for Gold members should really get the Gold haters here starting on some delicious crow or make them find a nice sock to shove in their mouths. The redesign seemed cool but didn't they say available today? I can't find any info on it from retailers.

Overall a great, potentially one of the all-time greatest conferences, ruined by a lulz price tag that imho they will have a hard time justifying, especially if Sony matches or beats it. I can't believe they snagged first dibs on CoD DLC, BF4 DLC, and got Titanfall as an exclusive. They will dominate the US again.

Around the Network

The conference was pretty good. I really liked Spark and Dead Rising 3. Killer Instinct looked meh. Ryse looked meh. The combat was too QTEish from what I could tell. Titanfall looked good. With the rest of the stuff, they didn't show enough for me to get excited about one way or another or is non exclusive.

Btw, why is Master Cheif wearing a cloak? I mean, he's in full body armor... It's not like sand is going to blow in his face... It's like he was wearing socks and sandals....

Anyway, the price was the biggest news, and that's a deal breaker. I saw some stuff I liked, but I didn't see anything that I liked nearly enough for 500 dollars, especially with the baggage that comes with it. I'll probably be waiting a while till it's down to at least 400.

I didn't watch it, have no intention of ever watching it or of ever giving M$ another red cent. They can keep their spy box, their DRM and their anti-used game policies. I'm done with those clowns.

mothman said:
I didn't watch it, have no intention of ever watching it or of ever giving M$ another red cent. They can keep their spy box, their DRM and their anti-used game policies. I'm done with those clowns.

Thanks for the valuable input.

Pretty like it! But not so thrilled about some of the exclusives (Killer Instinct...) and too many shooters. Damn Microsoft, you need to make the other genres blossom on your console.

Around the Network

There is a good variety now and more exclusives are yet to come. No where near as many Kinect games as some people thought either!!

How'd they manage to grab titanfall as an exclusive? That's a potential system seller right there... First live E3 press conference watched and I certainly was not disappointed. Technical issues brings it down to an 8.5.

I gave it an 8.. the audio drop outs of crimson and battlefield.. and the KI match were a little uncomfortable..

I give it an 8, great games but the price is definitely a concern. Last console launches At 399 so now an extra hundred for better tech and kinect is ok but it's still 499.

I like the, "below you lie" Vote. LOL

Dat Quantum Break tho and Crimson Dragon