By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is the XBox One's advantages?

None...... Ms is guilty of trying to sell things people do not want or need. Everyone already has cable options up the ying yang.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
Buying 1 copy of a game and it being played by all the members of my family on different consoles.

Son at college
Sister's console in Arkansas
Couple years another son at college
Multiple consoles in our house (multiplayer games using 1 purchased copy) Halo for instance. Since Halo 1 we have purchased 2 copies of every one to play multiplayer on multiple consoles.

?? Can already do this on ps3 lol.

why r people still defendin the xbone? Is like u just got bitched-slaped by M$ and u r still somehow defending their polocies?? Why?? They have the most anti consumer policies I have ever heard yet u r okay with it... and somehow manage to make excuses as to why its a "good" thing. Why? If SONY had made the same mistake and decided to go this route, i would b the first one to bash them... People vote with ur wallets, dont support this anti consumer crap. It may force thm to change their strategy.

Metallidude said:
thx1139 said:
Buying 1 copy of a game and it being played by all the members of my family on different consoles.

Son at college
Multiple consoles in our house (multiplayer games using 1 purchased copy) Halo for instance. Since Halo 1 we have purchased 2 copies of every one to play multiplayer on multiple consoles.

And where is word it works that way?

Metallidude said:
thx1139 said:

Son at college

Only by moving physical disk.  With Xbox One you define on Xbox Live your 10 family members and you do not have to move a physical disk.  If the game isnt on the console any family member that logs in will have access to all the games the family has purchased. How is that the same with the PS3?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

installing every game will prolong lifespan of the console, i hope ps4 also has the option to do a full install even if its 20gigs - if not then thats deffo an advantage

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Rafux said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Rafux said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

They did not know what sony was going to announce. Why did Sony only show 1 model aswell? Why did they have a long delay??

Maybe they just went ahead and announced their cheaper version to gain more pre-orders? While maybe micorosoft will announce another model soon? 

Is just a better bussiness practice to announce the cheaper option first or at the least at the same time that the pricier one. Maybe Sony announced only one model because they only have one model and if they do have a more expensive model it doesn't change nothing since PS4 starts at 399$.

it does not change anything but Microsoft can easily ready up a $400 model aswell to compete.

How? Ms can't take out kinect since the X1 is built around it and game installs are mandatory so they can't take the hard drive away too, blu ray is there because is the all in one media center so I don't see it going away and a blu ray doesn't cost a 100$ anyway.

The only way they can make a 399$ model for launch is if they sell with a contract for Gold Live which ends up consting more or if MS is willing to shamefully backtrack and take a 100$ less of each unit which would be brutal.

It has been done some many times with current gen, i know they cant remove kinect but that doesnt mean they cant do it. Just remove some features that can be removed and not affect their DRM and they will be good. 

thx1139 said:

Son at college

That does sound amazing, can you pick which people you want to be in those 10? 

That would be pretty amazing if we could.