By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is the XBox One's advantages?

Instant switching between games. Never having to put in a disc beyond install. More exclusive games (at least based on what has been announced so far). Voice commands. Vastly upgraded Kinect.

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Rafux said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

They did not know what sony was going to announce. Why did Sony only show 1 model aswell? Why did they have a long delay??

Maybe they just went ahead and announced their cheaper version to gain more pre-orders? While maybe micorosoft will announce another model soon? 

Is just a better bussiness practice to announce the cheaper option first or at the least at the same time that the pricier one. Maybe Sony announced only one model because they only have one model and if they do have a more expensive model it doesn't change nothing since PS4 starts at 399$.

it does not change anything but Microsoft can easily ready up a $400 model aswell to compete.

How? Ms can't take out kinect since the X1 is built around it and game installs are mandatory so they can't take the hard drive away too, blu ray is there because is the all in one media center so I don't see it going away and a blu ray doesn't cost a 100$ anyway.

The only way they can make a 399$ model for launch is if they sell with a contract for Gold Live which ends up consting more or if MS is willing to shamefully backtrack and take a 100$ less of each unit which would be brutal.

leo-j said:
To respond to SEECE

you have to install yuor game on to your hard drive, period. 500GB HDD and potentially having to buy more space if you own more than 12 games, is a dis advantage for microsoft.

That and the thing is noticebly weaker than the ps4

You can redownload any game anytime from the cloud. I believe you may be able to play as it installs or downloads.

Rafux said:

How? Ms can't take out since the X1 is built around it and game installs are mandatory so they can't take the hard drive away too, blu ray is there because is the all in one media center so I don't see it going away and a blu ray doesn't cost a 100$ anyway.

The only way they can make a 399$ model for launch is if they sell with a contract for Gold Live which ends up consting more or if MS is willing to shamefully backtrack and take a 100$ less of each unit which would be brutal.

They can't ditch the Hard drive, correct.
But they can certainly reduce the size or go with say... 32/64Gb flash.

Plus, they can also drop stuff like Wifi, HDMI-In etc'.
Whether that will make up for $100 is doubtfull however, Wireless cards would only be about $10-20, same for a smaller Hard Drive.

They could ditch the Kinect, but we know that won't happen! :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Rafux said:

How? Ms can't take out kinect since the X1 is built around it and game installs are mandatory so they can't take the hard drive away too, blu ray is there because is the all in one media center so I don't see it going away and a blu ray doesn't cost a 100$ anyway.

They can't ditch the Hard drive, correct.
But they can certainly reduce the size or go with say... 32/64Gb flash.

Plus, they can also drop stuff like Wifi, HDMI-In etc'.
Whether that will make up for $100 is doubtfull however, Wireless cards would only be about $10-20, same for a smaller Hard Drive.

They could ditch the Kinect, but we know that won't happen! :P

64gb flash internal space for a console with mandatory installs would be even more bad press for MS.

Around the Network
thranx said:
leo-j said:
To respond to SEECE

you have to install yuor game on to your hard drive, period. 500GB HDD and potentially having to buy more space if you own more than 12 games, is a dis advantage for microsoft.

That and the thing is noticebly weaker than the ps4

You can redownload any game anytime from the cloud. I believe you may be able to play as it installs or downloads.

They also stated that you can use any external USB HDD and use it for anything (installs etc...). If it gets to that point then get a 1TB external HDD and be done with it.

Imaginedvl said:
richardhutnik said:

As much as there is talk of "the cloud", the PS4 is going to offer streaming.

Just this... Tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about ... Cloud Processing is completly different than Streaming... It clearly show that you just want another thread to bash the Xbox One without even understanding what Microsoft have to offer... Not going to waste my time explaining all the advantages.

Cant Gaikai do the same thing? I could be wrong, I just thought Iit had that ability as well

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ethomaz said:

Money and TV.

Oh please, you can do better than that.

zorg1000 said:
Imaginedvl said:
richardhutnik said:

As much as there is talk of "the cloud", the PS4 is going to offer streaming.

Just this... Tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about ... Cloud Processing is completly different than Streaming... It clearly show that you just want another thread to bash the Xbox One without even understanding what Microsoft have to offer... Not going to waste my time explaining all the advantages.

Cant Gaikai do the same thing? I could be wrong, I just thought Iit had that ability as well

Considering that Sony is labeling Gaikai as "cloud gaming" I think it is fairly close to being the same thing.   The original reason why I mentioned it is that what Sony and Microsoft are doing is done in order to improve the computer power in their games.  The way One does it, it is more client-server in nature, where you split off some of the computing power to the server (aka, Cloud).  Streaming on the other hand, offloads almost all the computing to the server, and turns the console into the equivalent of a dumb terminal, is it is more like a mainframe in nature.  The streaming side has greater room to improve computing in gaming actually.

Buying 1 copy of a game and it being played by all the members of my family on different consoles.

Son at college
Sister's console in Arkansas
Couple years another son at college
Multiple consoles in our house (multiplayer games using 1 purchased copy) Halo for instance. Since Halo 1 we have purchased 2 copies of every one to play multiplayer on multiple consoles.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.