By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What really bugs you about the One?

Subie_Greg said:
DirtyP2002 said:
There simply is nothing that bugs me about the One.

This is a inet shitstorm only. You see people with thousands of posts on a gaming forum complaining that they need to connect once every 24 hours. It is ridiculous.

Hear no evil, see no evil right lol

Speak no evil.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Subie_Greg said:
DirtyP2002 said:
There simply is nothing that bugs me about the One.

This is a inet shitstorm only. You see people with thousands of posts on a gaming forum complaining that they need to connect once every 24 hours. It is ridiculous.

Hear no evil, see no evil right lol

Speak no evil.

lol

I'm displeased with XBOne, first of all, because it feels so America-centric that it's virtually impossible for me, here in Romania, to want one. Cable here isn't exactly that centric to most people's lives, the NFL is nonexistent and so on. Everything regarding the XBOne reveal applies very badly to other markets outside of the US.

Also, here we don't have used game shops. There's nothing like GameStop or GameFly or whatever. The only way to sell your game is via internet trades on sites similar to ebay, which pretty much sounds like it would be absolutely impossible on the One. And since salaries around here are at a rather low level, taking leaps of faith on full priced games isn't exactly in my best interest. I have bought Demon's Souls, for example, at second hand before it came around here...and Dark Souls I have bought from the store, day one, Special Edition...so being able to buy used games is pretty much a requirement for me as I can't afford this hobby otherwise.

Games wise, I've been in the Sony camp for a long time now. It doesn't mean I haven't dipped my fingers into what the XBox offered. Gears of War and the Halo games being my main interests, and I've played the entire main saga of both franchises - but otherwise there have been few things to draw me to the XBox.
Alan Wake came to the PC and I've played it there.
The Witcher is on the PC.
Metro 2033 was on the PC and I've played it - my favorite shooter of the generation -.
Gothic 4 - Arcania and Risen have both come to the PC -sadly, one of them was crap-.
Forza looked good but I'm a Burnout sort of gamer.
The Fable games have gone downhill after the first one.
Left 4 Dead did not interest me, same as any other co-op game highly touted on the XBox.
I've never played CrackDown though...seemed interesting.
All in all, from what I've been hearing for the XBox One so far, there's little to interest me...if at all. Call of Duty I'll play on the PC most likely and Sports game are null to me.

From the leaked game list, I gotta say this:
- Killer Instinct is an IP that right now relies on a nostalgia I do not share since I've never played it before;
- Dead Rising 3 seems like a timed exclusive at best and does not really interest me - played a bit of the first one, got bored, never looked back -;
- Mirror's Edge 2 will come to the PC most likely;
- Witcher 3 will be multiplatform;
- Banjo Kazooie would be a nice add because more games like that are always welcome...as long as they'll keep true to the original formula - I've never played a Banjo Kazooie game to be fair, so no nostalgia here -;
- Quantum Break is right now a little ghost that has no substance a this time;

One other aspect that I do not like about the One is the Kinect feature and how it seems to be very centric to the experience. A Kinect for me is rather useless as my living room is rather cramped and badly lit. I'm sure both will not be problems for the 2.0 but it gives me little room to stomp around. I'm not a fan of motion games and, like touchscreens, I believe it's a feature that's FAR from maturity and at the moment does not represent a viable future control scheme. You can do what you want but you can't replace buttons until you can actually get feedback from your actions on screen. Until then it's just a lot of flaying around for dance games. Nice for parties, but otherwise...meh.

So there ya have, the JinxRake compendium of why I won't be buying an XBox One, based on currently available data. I could probably live with the 24 Hour DRM - at my own home at least, since I have Wi-Fi here, but if I were to visit my parents for a holiday it'd be a dead brick and I wouldn't plan on buying a mobile internet stick so my console wouldn't die on me -, but everything else is pretty much a deal breaker. Took a leap of faith once and got slapped...not doing it again.

Subie_Greg said:
First, that Xbox One is a DRM Box. While Microsoft can lie and say it's up to the Publishers, the DRM is the actual box itself.

Second, Kinect!!! They say it can be turned off, yet still must be connected to the Xbox One. Also if they PS4 and Xbox One releases at the same price, you'll be buying a console that has a much weaker GPU but you get the Kinect. Bad trade off imo

Those are the 2 big ones.

pharase: 2
arguments: 0

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Subie_Greg said:
First, that Xbox One is a DRM Box. While Microsoft can lie and say it's up to the Publishers, the DRM is the actual box itself.

Second, Kinect!!! They say it can be turned off, yet still must be connected to the Xbox One. Also if they PS4 and Xbox One releases at the same price, you'll be buying a console that has a much weaker GPU but you get the Kinect. Bad trade off imo

Those are the 2 big ones.

pharase: 2
arguments: 0

derp

Around the Network

Its not really bugging me, I just find it funny that the positive features they listed were either restrictions or things that people have been doing for 30 Years.

spambot post deleted - kantor

He has a Master Chief avatar. Very suspicious for a Nintendo fan.

I understand the complaints but absolutely none of these policies cause any problems for me. I'd also like to say, if your internet has a tendency of going down then you should probably be looking for a better internet provider. Aside from a router issue, my internet has never gone down.

Either way, for me it all comes down to Halo. It's single-handedly the reason I own an Xbox and probably always will.

The lack of being able to rent games on the console is my only complaint. Other than that nothing about it bothers me to the point that I won't consider getting a Xbox One.