By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What really bugs you about the One?

For me the games issue is nothing. Really. I don't even care about the console being media centric.

What really bugs me is the attempt to change gaming as we knew it and abolish game ownership, attempt to constantly monitor you, restrict you, tell you how and what and who. We are not talking about some controverial features, live live subscription, this is anti gamer and anti consumer sh!t.

In all honesty I wouldn't get anywhere near it even if they got some Metal Gear or FF exclusivity.

Around the Network

It's strategy, it's a gaming system based on TV...
It's DRM and issues with 2nd hand gaming, we shouldn't be forced to do anything as your customers. Respect your sources of incomes!
Also, Kinect.. the fact it may be spying on me is very worrying and i don't like how you are forced to plug it in. There's not even an option to buy it separately, it must be bundled

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Max King of the Wild said:

Your used game gripe will most likely be nothing similar on the Ps4 considering it doesn't need an internet connection and it can play used games which has been confirmed by multiple people at sony.

I'm just not holding my breath. If it does turn out that this is the case then.... that's great!

Still not getting my hopes up though :P

The useless TV features.

We will never have a console in the Living room.
All consoles sit in the Games room to play games and watch DVD's on.

Its a great solution. Mum and Dad get TV time while the kids / adolescents are in the other room.
That room has no TV feed. Because we watch TV in the living room.

When will these idiots realise we aren't all glued to TV.

I resent paying for redundant features

No issues whatsoever. Seems like a respectable product that's gotten some people rattled which is totally understandable. Definitely will purchase the console at some point, but by no means at or even near launch.

Around the Network

What about these guys?

Microsoft: "F*** those guys."

What about people in colleges not allowed or unable to have their console connected to the Internet?

"F*** them too."

Not very patriotic, Microsoft.

"F*** you as well."

There simply is nothing that bugs me about the One.

This is a inet shitstorm only. You see people with thousands of posts on a gaming forum complaining that they need to connect once every 24 hours. It is ridiculous.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

First, that Xbox One is a DRM Box. While Microsoft can lie and say it's up to the Publishers, the DRM is the actual box itself.

Second, Kinect!!! They say it can be turned off, yet still must be connected to the Xbox One. Also if they PS4 and Xbox One releases at the same price, you'll be buying a console that has a much weaker GPU but you get the Kinect. Bad trade off imo

Those are the 2 big ones.

DirtyP2002 said:
There simply is nothing that bugs me about the One.

This is a inet shitstorm only. You see people with thousands of posts on a gaming forum complaining that they need to connect once every 24 hours. It is ridiculous.

Hear no evil, see no evil right lol

The fact that you call it the One. It's not the One. Neo is the One. Jet Li is the One. This Xbox is three, not one, devices. Go play by yourself now.