By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Media Backlash? Forbes, Wall Street Journal and More

ms_shill_2501 said:
What alot of noise.... I implore everyone, please don't panic. While it is true that Microsoft has made a couple of mistakes in the online structure of this, otherwise incredible piece of tech, rest assured steps are being taken to mitigate some of these perceived anti-consumer tactics. Microsoft has always prided itself on creating quality products for it's consumers. When the next generation of consoles arrives, hopefully you, the consumer, will make the correct choice. X marks the spot!

I am no way affiliated with Microsoft or it's brand(s)

Are you Jay520's new alt?

Around the Network
ms_shill_2501 said:
What alot of noise.... I implore everyone, please don't panic. While it is true that Microsoft has made a couple of mistakes in the online structure of this, otherwise incredible piece of tech, rest assured steps are being taken to mitigate some of these perceived anti-consumer tactics. Microsoft has always prided itself on creating quality products for it's consumers. When the next generation of consoles arrives, hopefully you, the consumer, will make the correct choice. X marks the spot!

I am no way affiliated with Microsoft or it's brand(s)

omg... please just leave.

I laughed at quality products and immediately thought of Zune/original xbox/360 initial launch/windows tablet/vista/ect ect

I wouldn't really count blogs as mainstream media. that takes forbes and wsj out. the only relevant ones for mainstream would be time and bbc. but maybe more will pop up. I saw an article on drudgereport.com too. I was suprised by that

MS are just feet away from rock bottom they have to do something unreal at E3 more then just games, most people will not buy these games with so much restrictions

This is making me very worried for ps4

Around the Network

Why do people think only core gamers will be upset by all of this?

This effect everyone who is planning on buying the system.

And theres one thing we do know about casuals...they wont jump through hoops just to play games.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

superchunk said:
Good. I hope MS gets so much negative press that even the mass consumer won't touch it, not just the majority of peeps on forums like this.

Sony needs to realize the golden egg they've been handed. 3rd parties are already ignoring WiiU, but Sony could come out and say there will be no such system and clean up easily. Hell, I'd buy one just to prove the point.

It's very unlikely Sony would do anything like that.

Sony already made the deals - see their statements on DRM. There is no real backtracking on such agreements.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

All i can say is that is just truly epic to watch. It's like they are digging their own grave but somehow can't help themselves before it's too late

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
superchunk said:
Good. I hope MS gets so much negative press that even the mass consumer won't touch it, not just the majority of peeps on forums like this.

Sony needs to realize the golden egg they've been handed. 3rd parties are already ignoring WiiU, but Sony could come out and say there will be no such system and clean up easily. Hell, I'd buy one just to prove the point.

It's very unlikely Sony would do anything like that.

Sony alreayd made the deals - see their statements on DRM. There is no real backtracking on such agreements.

Really? So EAs 180 on Nintendo is fictional? I guarantee you 100% its because Nintendo backed out of this proposed DRM and EA responsed in kind.

I think it's best to wait for more clarification on Sony's part. As far as I know, they have said that they will leave it up to publishers, but how exactly is still very much unknown.