By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To me, the only major con is the 24-Hour connection

There might be a way to fix this. Since Microsoft is "only" disabling the ability to play games after 24h, one could say they do this to check if the account has valid licenses. As we all know games can be played without the actual disc after installation, let's assume the reason would be the benefit/necessity of faster reading speed (hard-drive).

My solution:

One should be given the option to register the game, or not. If the latter is chosen the game will be installed on the hard-drive and deleted immediately after one exits the game. The good thing about this is that no online check is needed because non-registered games require the actual disc to play. On top of that a faster reading speed is still available because the installation is mandatory either way.

Now, if one exceeds the 24h limit with a registered game without connecting to the internet it will be automatically "unregistered" (immediately), and deleted (after one exits the game).

The benefits of the digital way of gaming stay, the problems with 24h-checks are gone! And even the ability to borrow games, loan games and resell games at any retailer WOULD work, but only if the system can distinguish between different games.

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

That's the biggest deal breaker for me. But then you've also got to realize that you're paying for them to include a Kinect with the console, so if you're not interested in using the device that's just wasted money. So basically you're getting a system that's weaker than the PS4 for more money. Not an attractive deal. But the 24-hour thing is definitely the worst.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9