By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which next gen console is getting hacked first?

Which next gen console is getting hacked first?

Xbox One 102 41.63%

WiiU 102 41.63%

PS4 41 16.73%

Total:245

Any predictions based on what we know so far...

Which of the "big 3" is going the be the "big free" for pirates next gen?

I already know Xbox One is going to win this one on VGchartz, just like any negative thread on the internet right now, but am curious at some of the resoning people around here may bring to the table.

Around the Network

WiiU since it's already out they still have months to try before Xbone and PS4 even get here.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
WiiU since it's already out they still have months to try before Xbone and PS4 even get here.

I agree with this.

Although there will be a huge amount of people trying to find a hack to work around the always online requirement of Xbox One.

The lack of enthusiasm from hackers might make the Wii U the last console getting hacked.

Given that the Xbone has this once a day check, it will make the console a pain in the ass to hack. Since Sony doesn't have this and the architecture is very similar to PC then I say the PS4 will be the first to be hacked (given that hackers just get lazy on the Wii U).

Nintendo and PC gamer

Wii U, its partially hacked already.

Around the Network

@WiiU-posts: Yes, it has been hacked but the hack isn't publicly available and there seems to be close to no interest in hacking WiiU from others.

not that i know anything about hacking but...

..wouldn't xbone kind of be easy pickings comparatively? the system is already architect to run software installed on the hardware from any disc you stick into it. all you have to do is intercept/dupe the online validation and you'd have free reign to run any software you want.

add to that hackers are some of the most "rights" oriented people i know.  they'll think it's their duty to liberate the xbone.

The Wii U since it has been out for a whole year by time PS4 and Xbox One come out.

kitler53 said:

..wouldn't xbone kind of be easy pickings comparatively? the system is already architect to run software installed on the hardware from any disc you stick into it. all you have to do is intercept/dupe the online validation and you'd have free reign to run any software you want.

add to that hackers are some of the most "rights" oriented people i know.  they'll think it's their duty to liberate the xbone.

You have the check the internet once a day thing, that alone will make the system a hell to hack.

Nintendo and PC gamer

kitler53 said:

Short answer: I doubt that it is that easy to pirate (which has nothing to do with hacking) games for Xbox One.