By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have to log on the internet to access VGC. I hate it

JayWood2010 said:

Shhhh, JayWood is back for a short period ;)

Listen, I get it guys, you don't like the Xbox One and you hate things about it.  I'm cool with that, but I find it very ironic that the people complaining about Xbox One having to access the internet once every 24 hours are also frequent forum visitors.  I mean apparently it is also rather bs that we need access to the internet to post on this very site.  I can't think of the last time that I have not had access to the internet for 24 hours.  But hey, if you really can't then just don't buy it, but by commenting on an internet site is kind of ironic.

I am not trying to justify the Xbox One for you guys after all it is your own opinion(Don't like it, don't buy it), but I do enjoy the irony although Im sure I will have a few people to say how dumb I am for making this thread.

Despite this thread already being far too popular than it deserves I feel it's my duty to also chime in and say what a stupid argument this is. Besides being a really dumb basis on which to criticise people who come on to VGC to criticise Xbone for it's 24hour phone home, it's actually damaging to the Xbone fans' cause.

If Xbone fans are reduced to throwing out ridiculous non-sequiturs as ways to defend dumb decisions MS has made about the way Xbone will work then they've lost the hearts and minds race before it really even got started.

Come up with some real reasons for why 24hr phone home is an innocuous impost, and that it is actually of benefit to the future of console gaming and then we'll be able to have a discussion.

Of course if Jaywood is actually stealth trolling the Xbone by putting forward the stupidest possible defence of the 24hrly phone home in order to highlight was a bad thing it is then well done I say. A better stealth trolling is hard to imagine.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

So most people on this thread have speeds less then 1.5-3mbs which is clearly the requirement for this 24hr check up that probably takes seconds, or don't have internet at home? It must be painful getting through those mandatory game updates and when you do you must have frequent laggy experiences. Updates aren't even rare as internet outages. It's pretty odd hearing the same excuse of not having internet at home at all. Sounds like bs fanboy talk to bash the X1 at every turn.

Of course none of this matters if you have zero interest of playing games online. I also don't quite understand why JayWood gets so much flak when the people that have the right too complain are the ones who can't get internet access at all. I also have the same sympathy for the folks that can't have this privilege and are definitely better off with the PS4.

You have too be at the poverty line to not afford these kinds of speeds, let alone purchase a console and it's games. And if you do have these options for internet, what's wrong with signing on when you turn on your X1?

binary solo said:

Despite this thread already being far too popular than it deserves I feel it's my duty to also chime in and say what a stupid argument this is. Besides being a really dumb basis on which to criticise people who come on to VGC to criticise Xbone for it's 24hour phone home, it's actually damaging to the Xbone fans' cause.

I think the popularity mostly comes from the topic itself.  It grabs peoples attention due to its nature.

iHollowxReaper said:
So most people on this thread have speeds less then 1.5-3mbs which is clearly the requirement for this 24hr check up that probably takes seconds, or don't have internet at home? It must be painful getting through those mandatory game updates and when you do you must have frequent laggy experiences. Updates aren't even rare as internet outages. It's pretty odd hearing the same excuse of not having internet at home at all. Sounds like bs fanboy talk to bash the X1 at every turn.

Of course none of this matters if you have zero interest of playing games online. I also don't quite understand why JayWood gets so much flak when the people that have the right too complain are the ones who can't get internet access at all. I also have the same sympathy for the folks that can't have this privilege and are definitely better off with the PS4.

You have too be at the poverty line to not afford these kinds of speeds, let alone purchase a console and it's games. And if you do have these options for internet, what's wrong with signing on when you turn on your X1?

Or you have the misfortune to live in the rural US, where you pay $50+ for absolutely shitty internet speeds.

binary solo said:
JayWood2010 said:

Shhhh, JayWood is back for a short period ;)

Listen, I get it guys, you don't like the Xbox One and you hate things about it.  I'm cool with that, but I find it very ironic that the people complaining about Xbox One having to access the internet once every 24 hours are also frequent forum visitors.  I mean apparently it is also rather bs that we need access to the internet to post on this very site.  I can't think of the last time that I have not had access to the internet for 24 hours.  But hey, if you really can't then just don't buy it, but by commenting on an internet site is kind of ironic.

I am not trying to justify the Xbox One for you guys after all it is your own opinion(Don't like it, don't buy it), but I do enjoy the irony although Im sure I will have a few people to say how dumb I am for making this thread.

If Xbone fans are reduced to throwing out ridiculous non-sequiturs as ways to defend dumb decisions MS has made about the way Xbone will work then they've lost the hearts and minds race before it really even got started.

Come up with some real reasons for why 24hr phone home is an innocuous impost, and that it is actually of benefit to the future of console gaming and then we'll be able to have a discussion.

Of course if Jaywood is actually stealth trolling the Xbone by putting forward the stupidest possible defence of the 24hrly phone home in order to highlight was a bad thing it is then well done I say. A better stealth trolling is hard to imagine.

I think his point is more along the line of the people here bitching about needing to connect to the Internet once a day are people who are on this forum for hours every day and thus aren't affected in any way by the Xbone needing to connect to home base once every 24 hours.

Around the Network
iHollowxReaper said:

First of all, it is painful. I once had my ps3 on for two days straight DLig stuff. Secondly, they arent mandatory. They are only mandatory if you go online... which not everyone cares to do, wants to do, or can do. Last, no, living under the poverty line is not the only reason.

J_Allard said:
binary solo said:

I think his point is more along the line of the people here bitching about needing to connect to the Internet once a day are people who are on this forum for hours every day and thus aren't affected in any way by the Xbone needing to connect to home base once every 24 hours.

^ This exactly.  I do feel bad for the people this truly effects but they also arent the ones that are complaining (atm at least).  

J_Allard said:

'

"I just blue myself"

JayWood2010 said:
J_Allard said:
binary solo said:

^ This exactly.  I do feel bad for the people this truly effects but they also arent the ones that are complaining (atm at least).  

Hoe do u know there not complaining? If they dont have internet then they cant get on the internet to complain

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

JayWood2010 said:
MythBuster said:

Enjoy your ban.

Those are banworthy? lol  And are you an alt account? lol  Just joined today to specificly try and get me banned haha  If you want rid of me then just let this thread die.  Im only back for this specific thread haha

Dude you are in a Ban?  Post a link to it and let's hear those tunes!  (Jazz, Rock, Folk, else?)

The only problem is my youtube doesn't work when my internet is down.  Dang google's DRM.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!