By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One details: connecting online, licensing, Kinect privacy

Netyaroze said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

You must be young.Why do Consoles get obsolete ? Because the SNES had cartridges ?

People LOVE retro gaming once they get older because it reminds them of the good old times. My friends often rather play SNES Football than the newest Fifa. You are severly underestimating that retro appeal. People just like to play old systems on old CRT TVS. Why do SNES games cost that much nowadays ? Because they are in high demand.

Whats with the kids that grow up with the Xbox one as their primary consoles and want to replay some of the old classics in 40 years ? I am glad this stuff didnt exist in the 90s or else I could now throw away my old Systems.

And hoping that MS releases a DRM FREE patch after 20 years is a little optimistic. Because it looks like the game developers know that they can make money through their old classics. I can imagine they will find ways to tie your games to a payed Gold Service in the long run.

1. It says so in my post...SNES Is Obsolote becuase of it's cartridge format..

2.Retro is fine it's just not relevant at retail where video game console manufactures do buisness.

3.just like Carl yourr streching the Retro gaming thing...

4.If there is no successor to the  XBONE the Xbone got Dreamcasted..

Around the Network

Now...It's clear. Still not interested in the thing but I'm sure my friends will love it.

Carl2291 said:
Another point to note is that theyre essentially saying "Fuck you!" to over 30 Million Xbox 360 owners?

46 Million Live members. This includes Silver and Gold over numerous platforms.

77.5 Million 360's sold.

At least 30 Million people have never connected the console to the net and joined Live, right? Or am I mistaken here?

That 46 million is active XBL memebers. So you are mistaken. The other 30 million may have not logged on to live at all or havent been on XBL for certian amount of time.

Cirio said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Cirio said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

Niche Install bases..Your argument is invalid

Niche install bases? So just because they're smaller in number, it's okay to prevent them from playing video games?

Edit: I guess the millions of 360 owners who don't have an internet connection are also a "niche" userbase to you...

my first post in this thread points that out...

Your post says nothing about why it is acceptable to prevent people who lack internet the option to play video games on the console.

from my first post

"Okay it has built in Wi-Fi but so far this keeps Xbox One Away from people with out internet acess...which is not a large percent of console buyers so i'm fine with it...."

Netyaroze said:
Azerth said:
So why are people so mad at this cuz it kind of sounds like sony.
The only difference is they dont require a check in and they dont have preferred retailers

People are mad because it requires a checkin and they have to use licensed retailers.

I can understand the check in and i also wouldnt be surprised if it gets extended but the retailer one i dont get espically since we dont know whos on it or wat the require ments to get on the list are

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:

from my first post

"Okay it has built in Wi-Fi but so far this keeps Xbox One Away from people with out internet acess...which is not a large percent of console buyers so i'm fine with it...."

Once again, how does this make it an acceptable policy? Because you're fine with it? And buddy, those people are not a small percentage, there are millions of 360 owners who don't have internet connection, and I know plenty of 360 owners in other countries who only game Halo offline because they don't have internet. What happens to them?

I kind of want Sony to something very similar JUST to see if all of these people get a WiiU. It's been the punching bag around here for some time now so I think it would great if it suddenly turned into the savior.

OT: out of all of this, I just want to know the specifics on the whole friends and family sharing thing. I REALLY hope it's three people at a time in the same house because hat's all I need. If not then it's business as usual because I'm already buying two copies of certain games, it would be a nice little perk if I didn't have to though.

I'm with Disolitude on what MS was thinking when they decided this, I mean they had to have known what the response would be. They are obviously willing to alienate certain groups in order to attract others and well see how it shakes out. I know one thing, if the exclusives are good then it will help out a lot. I think it's good that they let this out now before E3. It gives the public time to think about this and have a lot of questions ready for E3.

Either way, I am hoping for some true Megaton shit from MS this year on the games front, they need a few aces up their sleeve to calm the gamers.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Netyaroze said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

You must be young.Why do Consoles get obsolete ? Because the SNES had cartridges ?

People LOVE retro gaming once they get older because it reminds them of the good old times. My friends often rather play SNES Football than the newest Fifa. You are severly underestimating that retro appeal. People just like to play old systems on old CRT TVS. Why do SNES games cost that much nowadays ? Because they are in high demand.

Whats with the kids that grow up with the Xbox one as their primary consoles and want to replay some of the old classics in 40 years ? I am glad this stuff didnt exist in the 90s or else I could now throw away my old Systems.

And hoping that MS releases a DRM FREE patch after 20 years is a little optimistic. Because it looks like the game developers know that they can make money through their old classics. I can imagine they will find ways to tie your games to a payed Gold Service in the long run.

1. It says so in my post...SNES Is Obsolote becuase of it's cartridge format..

2.Retro is fine it's just not relevant at retail where video game console manufactures do buisness.

3.just like Carl yourr streching the Retro gaming thing...

4.If there is no successor to the  XBONE the Xbone got Dreamcasted..

You say the SNES is obsolete because it requires cartridges.

1. Obviously its obsolete for new games. But not just because of the medium the games are stored. But that doesnt mean its obsolete for  use.

2. Yes its not relevant for video game console manufacturers anymore.

3. Who are you to make that call. Why do you think that I am stretching it with the retro game thing ?

4. ???????????????????????

I seriously dont get your point

Carl said " When Microsoft eventually drop the Xbox One servers, which they will, is the Xbox One just going to literally be a TV box?"

And your answer is that SNES is obsolete ?  And that he is stretching the retro thing too much ?

That doesnt make any sense. Why is this not a valid concern ?

Cirio said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

from my first post

Once again, how does this make it an acceptable policy? Because you're fine with it? And buddy, those people are not a small percentage, there are millions of 360 owners who don't have internet connection, and I know plenty of 360 owners in other countries who only game Halo offline because they don't have internet. What happens to them?

Niche markets...Microsoft is talking cthe whole cloud enabled console seriosly....It's just not for people not ready for Cloud powered hardware

Yeah. No Xbox One for me. I hope this console fails miserably. This will be the first time that I don't buy every console in a generation. Hopefully Sony doesn't pull any of this crap. Or I'll stick with Wii U and PC. I love how they list these draconian features in way that make them seem like they are doing you a favor. I'm disappointed that some here have been taken in by this mirage.