By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One details: connecting online, licensing, Kinect privacy

disolitude said:
SubRosa said:

Nah HUGE fanboys are easy to spot.

Even if they think they are not fanboys well looking down on another group of fanboys well showing the exact same behavior as those fanboys.

haha, fanboys eh...you know intelligence is running low when fanboy finger pointing start,.

What if nintendo was doing it? What would I do then? Tell me more...

Your a massive xbox fanboy so your opinion is irrelevant.

Thats all i was trying to point out.

Sony is pure shit always and microsoft is pure awesome always.

I just saved you lots of posts :)..now you have more time to play xbox!

User has been warned for this post ~Barozi

Around the Network
Sensei said:
disolitude said:
Sensei said:

This is fucking terrible. Anyone who buys an Xbone and endorses this kind of policy is doing a disservice to gaming.

I could actually swallow the no-used game bullshit.

But the 24 hour online check seals the deal for me. No way in hell I'd get this console.

If Sony does the same, btw, I'm out.

I fully endorse the benefits Xbox one looks to offer with its always on aspect, and I don't see anything dealbreaking with these policies... So I guess I'm doing a disservice to gaming.

Looking forward to building my personal Xbox One gaming collection that I can access anywhere and anytime.

Are you for real? NO, you CANNOT access your "Xbone gaming collection anywhere and anytime" because you MUST BE FUCKING CONNECTED to the Internet.

So you go to an island, to a farm, somewhere not connected, you cannot play at all.

Seriously, I see from your history here that you like MS, but I don't think it's reasonable to defend this kind of bullshit against us all.

You will see me attacking Sony the day they do the same bullshit to us. Write that down.

hahaha i still in disbelief and honestly the more i think about it.. The more i think Sony will follow suit.. Theres no way MS did this will out pressuring Sony through publisher pressure Ala EA Ubisoft to have the same policies.. As a Gamer im bummed right now

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

What makes you think that the 8th gen will last 15 years..let alone 20

Im thinking more for retro purposes.

People still play SNES. People still play old school PC games. People still play PSone games. Etc.

When Microsoft eventually drop the Xbox One servers, which they will, is the Xbox One just going to literally be a TV box?

DRM is software. If they "drop" the servers, they can easily remove DRM. But that won't happen in my opinion...We;ve reached digital distribution, X86 architecture... More powerful versions may be made for gamers down the road, but as a platform, I see this being it for a long time. Much like iOS is here to stay and Android as well. If Google turns off the play store, all your android purchases are done too once your phone/tablet is replaced... But why would they do that?

Remember when microsoft said that you may not have to buy another console ever again? May be ture...

disolitude said:
Sensei said:
disolitude said:
Sensei said:

This is fucking terrible. Anyone who buys an Xbone and endorses this kind of policy is doing a disservice to gaming.

But the 24 hour online check seals the deal for me. No way in hell I'd get this console.

I fully endorse the benefits Xbox one looks to offer with its always on aspect, and I don't see anything dealbreaking with these policies... So I guess I'm doing a disservice to gaming.

Looking forward to building my personal Xbox One gaming collection that I can access anywhere and anytime.

Are you for real? NO, you CANNOT access your "Xbone gaming collection anywhere and anytime" because you MUST BE FUCKING CONNECTED to the Internet.

So you go to an island, to a farm, somewhere not connected, you cannot play at all.

Seriously, I see from your history here that you like MS, but I don't think it's reasonable to defend this kind of bullshit against us all.

You will see me attacking Sony the day they do the same bullshit to us. Write that down.

If I'm at an island or a farm I'll go enjoy the sun or play some soccer...Its more fun than videogames.

Gaming priority for me falls between "there is no hockey on tv" and reruns of Seinfeld.

what about the people who live on farms? youre saying they cant enjoy gaming? youre saying they should be doing something else.. i know youre joking but come on thats crazy to me

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

disolitude said:
Sensei said:
disolitude said:
Sensei said:

If I'm at an island or a farm I'll go enjoy the sun or play some soccer...Its more fun than videogames.

Gaming priority for me falls between "there is no hockey on tv" and reruns of Seinfeld.

Obviously I only used those locations as examples. What would you tell to soldiers on duty who have no online? To play PS4? I mean, Xbox 360, right? You'd probably tell them to not play at all because they are there to war, not to have fun right? They should be training and resting and concentrating instead of playing silly games, right?

There are lots of places people take their consoles to that has no online, and yeah for some reason they will want to play the consoles there. Myself, I have a fine internet connection yet I can see the mess of a console Microsoft is putting out because other people will certainly have problems to play, and one day I might have a problem with it too if my Internet goes blackout due to a storm or tornado etc. However, I expect you to pull an Adam Orth and say "deal with it". It's not your problem right, you are fine with it and you fail to understand why people are pissed off, because you have no empathy at all for them. You are only interested in defending MS.

Anyway, I'll stop discussing this with you because this is like talking to wall and I'd rather not spend the E3 week banned. Certainly not because of you.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

What makes you think that the 8th gen will last 15 years..let alone 20

Im thinking more for retro purposes.

People still play SNES. People still play old school PC games. People still play PSone games. Etc.

When Microsoft eventually drop the Xbox One servers, which they will, is the Xbox One just going to literally be a TV box?

your sorta right about retro purposes..but I feel your streching it way to much..People still play SNES for retro purposes but it's not in the same light as to saying that people still play old school pc games..on PC hardware requirements only go up...so it's easier to play and old school PC on a mediocore gaming PC...Consoles become obsolete..Like the SNES for Example and it's cartridges..N64 and Game Cube are also obsolete game formats...Look how fast the DreamCast dispeared due to it's obsolete format(compared to dvd formats used by ps2 and xbox)...PC games have yet to become obsolete becuase most pc's are backward compatible with older PC formats..so it's kinda not fair to throw PC games in the mix IMO....when MS drops the sofware support for Xbone it will have another console out on the market and will most likely support it's Xbox live connectivity further past the consoles life span..like they did with the first Xbox and like they are going to do with Xbox 360..when the Xbox 2 comes out Xbone will still have servers and features...even if limited to some time after the console has ceased prodution and shipping...but proposing that it has to last 15 to 20 years...IMO to much of a strecth...

Cirio said:
So what if you're a college/university student living in dorms and your campus doesn't allow internet connection for video game consoles? What if you're someone in the armed forces and you can't access the internet?

Niche Install bases..Your argument is invalid

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Cirio said:
So what if you're a college/university student living in dorms and your campus doesn't allow internet connection for video game consoles? What if you're someone in the armed forces and you can't access the internet?

Niche Install bases..Your argument is invalid

connect with your mobile device

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

SubRosa said:
disolitude said:

haha, fanboys eh...you know intelligence is running low when fanboy finger pointing start,.

What if nintendo was doing it? What would I do then? Tell me more...

Your a massive xbox fanboy so your opinion is irrelevant.

Thats all i was trying to point out.

Sony is pure shit always and microsoft is pure awesome always.

I just saved you lots of posts :)..now you have more time to play xbox!

Nowhere in my post am I giving my opinion to you for it to irrelevant.

I'm telling you straight up...I'm more intellinget than you and am willing to take a test to prove it.

Otherwise I just want to say that I didn't report you for calling someone a fanboy as I'm enjoying the fact you're trying very hard to make a banal argument that lacks any credence what so ever. I want to see it play out, but someone else might push that report button...so if you get banned, it wasn't me.

Nsanity said:

I can't see myself picking up an Xbox One at launch or ever..

*gasp* that's Nsane :P .

OT: It's not looking good. Personally, I like the part where u can't lend friends your games, you can only give it to them. I rarely have friends lend me games as I buy any game I want yet I have that one friend that borrows EVERYTHING!!! Now he wouldn't be able to do that. (very selfish reason, I know).