By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One details: connecting online, licensing, Kinect privacy

JGarret said:
Otakumegane said:
Man if Sony tries to force this crap I'd better see some people sucking up and holding to their word.

A guess...Sony will have something, but won't be anywhere near what MS just announced, and perhaps EA is already punishing them for it (see: Titanfall, Fifa exclusive mode).

Problem is will they settle for something just a little better because "welp it's better than what M$ has!"

Classic bait and switch. I can see this happening. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Sensei said:

This is fucking terrible. Anyone who buys an Xbone and endorses this kind of policy is doing a disservice to gaming.

I could actually swallow the no-used game bullshit.

But the 24 hour online check seals the deal for me. No way in hell I'd get this console.

If Sony does the same, btw, I'm out.

I fully endorse the benefits Xbox one looks to offer with its always on aspect, and I don't see anything dealbreaking with these policies... So I guess I'm doing a disservice to gaming.

Looking forward to building my personal Xbox One gaming collection that I can access anywhere and anytime.

Of course you dont have a problem with anything microsoft does ever.

You like what they tell you to like.

If sony was doing this and microsoft was not your sentiments would be the opposite.

In 15-20 Years time, when the Xbox One is no longer supported and the servers shut down...

What will consumers do with Xbox One videogames?

SubRosa said:
disolitude said:
Sensei said:

This is fucking terrible. Anyone who buys an Xbone and endorses this kind of policy is doing a disservice to gaming.

But the 24 hour online check seals the deal for me. No way in hell I'd get this console.

I fully endorse the benefits Xbox one looks to offer with its always on aspect, and I don't see anything dealbreaking with these policies... So I guess I'm doing a disservice to gaming.

Looking forward to building my personal Xbox One gaming collection that I can access anywhere and anytime.

If sony was doing this and microsoft was not your sentiments would be the opposite.

I swear its like you've known me all my life...

Please stop telling us it's the same thing as Sony is doing. There are huge differences. If you feel the need to spin this to make you feel better about your Xbox One purchase, then perhaps you need to rethink your loyalty

Around the Network

"Play offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console"

---------

So, this is clarified and settled then, correct? This is now official? If so, this marks the first console ever to be dead on arrival for me. I do not even begin to understand why they are doing this. I hope this fails and anyone who mimics it fails (Sony...I want clarification.) as I selfishly wish to continue my beloved hobby in the future.

- Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One

Does this mean if I buy one game, then me and nine of my friends can all play that one game at the same time? or is it that they can access the game but the system first verifies that nobody else is playing it and then lets you play it (so technically only one person can play it at a time)?

disolitude said:
SubRosa said:
disolitude said:
Sensei said:

I swear its like you've known me all my life...

Nah HUGE fanboys are easy to spot.

Even if they think they are not fanboys well looking down on another group of fanboys well showing the exact same behavior as those fanboys.

disolitude said:
Sensei said:

Are you for real? NO, you CANNOT access your "Xbone gaming collection anywhere and anytime" because you MUST BE FUCKING CONNECTED to the Internet.

So you go to an island, to a farm, somewhere not connected, you cannot play at all.

Seriously, I see from your history here that you like MS, but I don't think it's reasonable to defend this kind of bullshit against us all.

You will see me attacking Sony the day they do the same bullshit to us. Write that down.

smroadkill15 said:
I'm still indifferent on the whole thing. For me personally none of this is an issue, but I can definitely see how this could be annoying for some gamers. I'm going to wait till E3 before I make a decision. I have a feeling Sony will do the same thing with the Ps4, and if Sony does I'll just go with Xbox. If Sony doesn't then chances of me picking up a Ps4 definitely increases.

I'm not buying any console at launch, so my thoughts could change. I may just be done with gaming, and ride out my 360 until it dies.

you summed up exactly how i feel about this situation .