By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Believe DriveClub Will Outsell Forza 5. And You?

Tagged games:

Azzanation said:
asqarkabab said:
Yes DC is a much better game than Forza

Not based off reviews.

Well, at launch, DC was an absolute mess. Hence the average/bad reviews (totally justified by the way).

But with the constant patching and bug fixing, it already is a great racer, really. Nothing close to what was released in the first place.

But I'm no expert, I couldn't say which is actually better, I had fun with both.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Driveclub is even a better game than gran turismo LOL 

DC is a fresh air in the racing genre

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:

Driveclub is even a better game than gran turismo LOL 

DC is a fresh air in the racing genre

This I agree with.

Chris Hu said:
GTstation said:

You mean give away those copies, F5 was a big freebie for a long time.

I guess you fail to realize that Driveclub was heavily bundled in Europe also.

The Driveclub bundle, like most PS4 bundles this gen, wasn't just a free copy of the game, though. The bundle cost €439.99, while the standard PS4 in Europe costs 399.

It'd be like downplaying Destiny sales on PS4 because it was "heavily bundled"...but the Destiny bundle cost $450, not $400

Forza 5, on the other hand, was straight up free. It didn't add a dime to the cost of any XBOne console purchased. Matter of fact, I remember many retailers adding Forza 5 to other bundles, when XBOne sales were slumping after launch. F5 was the ultimate freebie, since, for example, Titanfall had its own bundle and retailers tacked Forza on it to try to incentivize sales, and the price didn't go up.

But hey, we can't knock bundled games, free or not. If Wii Sports is "one of the best "selling" games of all time", and any time you point out that it was bundled day 1 and sold with every console for free and even if you didn't want the game, you're still gonna get it because it comes with the console regardless; you're just a "hater" trying to do whatever you can to downplay it's "great" sales.....then it stands to reason that DC shouldn't be knocked for being bundled. Especially when you still had to pay for the game, and you had a choice to do so (as in, you could just get a regular PS4 for normal price or get a DC bundle) whereas in the case of Wii Sports and F5, you had no choice. If you bought a Wii or a XBOne at a particular time, it was coming with one of those games whether you wanted them or not. And it did you no financial harm because you didn't pay extra for them.  

Michelasso said:
Chris Hu said:
GTstation said:
Chris Hu said:

F5 was a world wide give away, and still barely above a new ip.  Quite pathetic actually.

LOL F5 was a launch game the X1 had a zero install base when it was released.  Driveclub launched on a console that already had a instal base of over 12 million units.  The only thing that is quite pathetic are you comments.  Also Forza sold the most copies in North America where is was bundled the least on the other hand Driveclub sold the most in Europe where it also was bundled the most.  If Driveclub was really more successful then FM5 it would have already sold twice as much as FM5 since there are almost twice as many PS4 sold then X1. 

What kind of argument is that? Launch games usually sell well. They get a bootstrap in sales at launch since there are only few games. Then they obviously have been in the market longer, which means more sales in the longer period. Also Forza 5 sold more in USA where the XB1 has more than twice the European sales. Both games have been bundled so that's not relevant.

You can argue that in relative numbers FM5 sold more per console. But that's not what this thread is about. In absolute terms DC most likely will outsell FM5. Because DC is still supported, while FM5 is going to be soon replaced by FM6.

Well for a lauch game it did sell well it sold over 2 million physical copies already and currently is the Forza game with the highest attachment ratio since the X1 overall instal base is still pretty low.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Chris Hu said:

The Driveclub bundle, like most PS4 bundles this gen, wasn't just a free copy of the game, though. The bundle cost €439.99, while the standard PS4 in Europe costs $399.

It'd be like downplaying Destiny sales on PS4 because it was "heavily bundled"...but the Destiny bundle cost $450, not $400

Forza 5, on the other hand, was straight up free. It didn't add a dime to the cost of any XBOne console purchased. Matter of fact, I remember many retailers adding Forza 5 to other bundles, when XBOne sales were slumping after launch. F5 was the ultimate freebie, since, for example, Titanfall had its own bundle and retailers tacked Forza on it to try to incentivize sales, and the price didn't go up.

But hey, we can't knock bundled games, free or not. If Wii Sports is "one of the best "selling" games of all time", and any time you point out that it was bundled day 1 and sold with every console for free and even if you didn't want the game, you're still gonna get it because it comes with the console regardless; you're just a "hater" trying to do whatever you can to downplay it's "great" sales.....then it stands to reason that DC shouldn't be knocked for being bundled. Especially when you still had to pay for the game, and you had a choice to do so (as in, you could just get a regular PS4 for normal price or get a DC bundle) whereas in the case of Wii Sports and F5, you had no choice. If you bought a Wii or a XBOne at a particular time, it was coming with one of those games whether you wanted them or not. And it did you no financial harm because you didn't pay extra for them.  

The game is still discounted in that bundle the regualr price of a new game in Europe is more then 40 euros so nice try.

Chris Hu said:

The game is still discounted in that bundle the regualr price of a new game in Europe is more then 40 euros so nice try.

Lol, the game still costs money vs. paying absolutely nothing extra for F5, but it's at discount so it "doesn't count".

So, let me get this straight: DC, which only had a bundle in Europe and cost extra than a standalone console, and was an optional bundle, gets its sales discredited compared to F5; which was bundled worldwide for free, for a way longer period (officially), came with every console, and retailers (in the US, at least) were tacking that game onto other bundles when the official bundle ended......because the DC bundle cost €439.99 instead of €459.99 or €469.99? 

Ok. TIL if a game is bundled, and the bundle costs less than the console and game bought separately, then that is comparable to bundling for free

BMaker11 said:
Chris Hu said:

Lol, the game still costs money vs. paying absolutely nothing extra for F5, but it's at discount so it "doesn't count".

So, let me get this straight: DC, which only had a bundle in Europe and cost extra than a standalone console, and was an optional bundle, gets its sales discredited compared to F5; which was bundled worldwide for free, for a way longer period (officially), came with every console, and retailers (in the US, at least) were tacking that game onto other bundles when the official bundle ended......because the DC bundle cost €439.99 instead of €459.99 or €469.99? 

Ok. TIL if a game is bundled, and the bundle costs less than the console and game bought separately, then that is comparable to bundling for free

Anway the Forza 5 bundle came with a digital code and vgchartz doesn't count digital sales the 2 million plus physical copies sold on vgchartz doesn't include the bundled digital copies.  On the other hand the Driveclub bundle included a physical copy which is counted on vgchartz so the 1.7 physical copies sold include the bundle.

Chris Hu said:

Anway the Forza 5 bundle came with a digital code and vgchartz doesn't count digital sales the 2 million plus physical copies sold on vgchartz doesn't include the bundled digital copies.  On the other hand the Driveclub bundle included a physical copy which is counted on vgchartz so the 1.7 physical copies sold include the bundle.

Forza 5 had physical bundles too.

Sharpryno said:
ethomaz said:

Sharpryno said:

This is just completely false.  I am guessing nearly half of Titanfall's sales were digital.  But, like you, I have no way of knowing for sure.  If 20% is digital, well thats a pretty large increase in total sales. 

Digital sales are expected to grow.  This is how PC started with its transition into digital.  I can goto my friend's place and download a digital game I bought to his XBO, install it, login and play.  Wala he now has access to the game on his machine  on his account even when I am not there and am not on that game.  Just too much of an advantage.  Another one is being able to play right at midnight, people don't want to wait in line for the new CoD.   Digital sales will continue to grow.

It is not even close to that unless you count PC lol

Digital sales at 15-20% is optimistics and most for online only games... it is less than 10% for others games.

People are dreaming digital sales is that high on consoles.

I honestly think you'd be suprised.  I have about 10 AAA games on my XBO and bought them digitally.  People I know who game on XBO only buy digitally.  I just see no reason to buy physical.  edit: oh i forgot, a lot of the cheap console gamers like to sell their games and hurt devs by doing so, I forgot. 

MS is still working on including a free digital title with a physical purchase as thats how the XBO was intended to work, but until then digital sales will continue to climb.  

DonFerrari said:
Congrats dc on beating a game on its 5th iteration. Great game, the lenghts people twist facts to support their bias.

You're literally doing what you are complaining about.  

"Congrats dc on being close to par with a game on its 5th iteration with about half the playerbase for the console it is on"  FTFY

Sorry I missed where did Forza 5 outsold Mario Kart 8, being on a bigger userbase and all... or where Combined Forzas on X360 even with bigger userbase outsold GT5... what are you on about???

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."