By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, in before E3 : who won the 7th generation ?

In the end, who "won" this (living room) console generation ?

Wii 356 56.33%

PS3 210 33.23%

X360 62 9.81%

Total:628

I'm gonna say the Wii won simply due to the sales. Sales were always the reason a console would win these little console generations anyways.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

Wii technically, but all things considered I would say Microsoft, even though they'll finish last in console sales.

Seriously the poll results were totally predictable haha. Hmm It's actually sad but what should we expect....

Wii may have won in total sales i'll give them that. but in 2010 Wii's were not getting sold for many things lacking in the console because Nintendo thought motion could do it all, but really we got bored with that shit. Xbox did good at the start because of Sony's HORRIBLE LAUNCH. if Sony had there console at $400 they would have won over Xbox, now Xbox was good but they had many problems, like a fee to play, lack of good exclusives, oh and RROD all i have to say about that is, it wasn't fixed until 2010... FIVE YEARS MICROSOFT!!!!

Now Sony for the horrible launch they had, they came back with most sales in Hardware, better exclusives, better marketing, and just better overall. that is why im giving this to Sony for such a comeback into the gaming world.

crappy analysis.
For instance, in the section "Profit" you list the revenue (which is not at all the same) and then only a very rough estimation of the revenue.
If you use your definition of "winning" a generation, then it is all personal opinion.

Around the Network

lets just stay they way we always have and not change it because our proffered console didn't win now shall we?

Nintendo won in both profit and console sales

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Before posting, remember this:

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Andrespetmonkey said:
Wii technically, but all things considered I would say Microsoft, even though they'll finish last in console sales.

Couldn't agree more, and I'm saying this as someone who usually favors Sony.

They are all winners!

Wii - incredible hype sales and making profit.
Xbox - gained a place among the great
PS3 - redeemed it;s petty start and is at the end of the gen in the winning mood.

Wii won the generation, but then the Wii and Nintendo tore up thier knees so bad that they are out this generation.

PS3 and 360 will end up basically tied for console unit sales, but the 360 and its ecosystem will be far far more profitable.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.