By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, in before E3 : who won the 7th generation ?

In the end, who "won" this (living room) console generation ?

Wii 356 56.33%

PS3 210 33.23%

X360 62 9.81%

Total:628

im a massive sony fanboy but its a fact that wii won the generation almost no matter what happens. imagine if in 2006 someone said do you want a console that will sell 100m units make around $8billion but stop selling after 6 years or one that sells for 10 years but will maybe only just make a few $ after the 10 years or one that is reasonably profitable but no where near the first option. you would always choose the first option which is a wii. that is FACT

Around the Network

Wii won. Period. Regardless if the ps3 overtakes it in 2-3 years

Impossible to determine because 7th gen isn't over yet. But in terms of games, PS3 and 360 kicked the crap out of Wii's library in my humble opinion, specially in terms of support towards end of cycle and third parties.

yum123 said:
im a massive sony fanboy but its a fact that wii won the generation almost no matter what happens. imagine if in 2006 someone said do you want a console that will sell 100m units make around $8billion but stop selling after 6 years or one that sells for 10 years but will maybe only just make a few $ after the 10 years or one that is reasonably profitable but no where near the first option. you would always choose the first option which is a wii. that is FACT

Not necessarily. What about brand strength? The Wii may have sold more in a short period of time, but it has done nothing to improve the Nintendo brand. The Wii U is below Gamecube sales, so Nintendo look like they are right back to their downward trend.

I would definitely consider choosing a slow seller that gains more loyal customers than a fast seller that loses some.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Kyuu said:
That depends on a lot of factors. The three of them are winners in their own ways.

And all three were losers in their own way..Nintendo gained an auduince that thinks the WiiU is a new bundle of the console they already use Wii Fit on...

Sony PlayStation suffered the most..Their PS3 barely sold outside of Japan and the only reason it began to sell was due to in the state and UK(And others) was due to what made MS lose..the Red Ring of Death....

Around the Network

Quite obviously the Wii. Though I see that changing in 5 years.

Busted said:
I WON!!!

Damn Pikachu always win at everything. 

In Sales, I'll say the Wii.
In games, the PS3.
In online, PC.

Suke said:
Everyone :/

I agree. Nintendo just won the most. ;)

Sales wise the Wii wins hands down. Most profitable, and of course also sold the most units.

Games is a tough call but I'm going to go with PS3 even though I don't own one. The non-stop AAA exclusives and very solid third party support. The 360 might have won the first few years head to head but it was down hill after that. Runner up I'd go with the PC market.

Game wise still hard to shrug off the Wii: Mario Galaxy 1 and Mario Galaxy 2 are some of the highest rated games of all time. The Zelda games were nothing to shrug off, and it had a few extra gems as well (Xenoblade, Smash Bros, Epic Yarn, NSMB and Punch Out to name a few, and of course my cult favorite: No More Heroes)

It's just that simple.