By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, in before E3 : who won the 7th generation ?

In the end, who "won" this (living room) console generation ?

Wii 356 56.33%

PS3 210 33.23%

X360 62 9.81%

Total:628

Sales wise so far: Wii, PS3 could take over it.

Profit wise: Wii

Best gaming machine (my opinion): PS3

Where it counts: Wii
For people who love gaming: PS3

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Wii won clearly

PS3 second. Xbox 360 last

gooch_destroyer said:
In Sales, I'll say the Wii.
In games, the PS3.
In online, PC.

Pretty much this.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Osc89 said:
yum123 said:
im a massive sony fanboy but its a fact that wii won the generation almost no matter what happens. imagine if in 2006 someone said do you want a console that will sell 100m units make around $8billion but stop selling after 6 years or one that sells for 10 years but will maybe only just make a few $ after the 10 years or one that is reasonably profitable but no where near the first option. you would always choose the first option which is a wii. that is FACT

Not necessarily. What about brand strength? The Wii may have sold more in a short period of time, but it has done nothing to improve the Nintendo brand. The Wii U is below Gamecube sales, so Nintendo look like they are right back to their downward trend.

I would definitely consider choosing a slow seller that gains more loyal customers than a fast seller that loses some.

Im gonna have to say no they made around so much more money than the other 2 even after 3 more years of selling that they can afford 2 more consoles making next to nothing and the will increased nintendo brand strength alot there is no way in hell that sony or microsoft got the upper hand on them factoring in the amount of money made buy the wii

but dont get me wrong I dont even like the wii ps3 in the best console but miles but just looking at the raw facts about the question which is who won

Mr Puggsly said:
mutantclown said:
I'm still playing my PS3 ,and it's still getting the best games of the year. I think PS3 also got the best games of the year in different genres throughout the generation. So PS3 is the winner for me.

Touching stuff.

But this belongs in a thread about your favorite console.

Everybody is being subjective here. If we're going to stick to FACTS, the only real answer is Wii and there's no need for this thread. Wii won. Market share wise, financially, everything. 

Around the Network

Nintendo, no doubt.

I won.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Nintendo sold the most games/consoles and has infiltrated areas (nursing homes/schools/rehabilitation centers) that no other console has. Plus, because of the Wii, Sony/MS had to create Kinect/move in order to combat wiimote....THAT says something. Didn't it also get some super important award from the american heart association or something too?

Nintendo Wii won this gen.

edit: now if we are talking which console had the best games, wii would be dead last.

NobleTeam360 said:
Busted said:
I WON!!!

Damn Pikachu always win at everything.

Pika!

Mr Puggsly said:
Sales; Wii.

Financially; Nintendo dominated and it appears MS did well.

I'm surprised anyone is saying PS3. They lost market share in spite of having great momentum from the PS2 and had record financial losses. PS3 is hardly a winner.

Agreed 100%.

Anyone who thinks the ps3 won is clearly kidding themselves.

Wii killed everyone this gen and Xbox became a household name, not to mention MS took a huge chunk of Sony's market share as will.