By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I hope Sony makes alot of money

bonkers555 said:

I don't feel the same. $ony and M$ doesn't represent gaming, to them gaming is something they use to push their agenda in other media. Nintendo and Sega on the other hand represent gaming to the core, video games is the only thing they push. The death of Sega was one the darkest day in gaming and if Nintendo go down the same way it's the biggest blow in Video Games history. If Sony goes down there will be other electronic giants like Apple, Samsung or Google could fill in the void.

I have no attachment to M$ or $ony. My love will always goes to Nintendo, Sega, Neo Geo and Atari because they represent gaming during the golden age and silver age of gaming.

That's something I can undersign 100%.

Bravo, bonkers555!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

Sony dying would not be the worst thing, their position can be easily replaced by other company that does the same as them: bring lots of cash to buy lots of studios.

I have agree with you, xwan.

Sony posted a profit for the first time in 4 years a couple weeks ago, it can only go up from here. (This profit was mainly from the huge success of the Xperia Z selling 5 million units in 40 days, but hey, that's for another time :P)

I strongly believe that Sony deserves to start making a healthy profit from here on out, and they  deserve to get some impressie sales across the board in terms of gaming, and other hardware. Why do they deserve it? Because they've worked so incredibly hard over the past 15 years to bring out the best of gaming, and they worked so hard (OK maybe a little bit too hard, and screwed up the architecture for normal developers, but their first party devs aren't normal, they possess superhuman powers) on the PS3, and now they're going to do it all again with the PS4.

If anyone deserves to stop making profit it's Microd*ck, but hey, that's also for another article, not going to start that here.

But yeah, Sony definitely need to start turning a healthy profit from here on out, and they can, it's just a matter of execution. It's looking up for them at the moment, what with all the indie dev support, exclusives, some neat features on the PS4, and God knows what they'll be revealing for the VITA at E3, it's just a matter of capturing the core gamers, and trust me Sony, we're all here still! Regardless of what the media say about the demise of console gaming, we're still here. 

And no, they cannot be easily replaced by any other company, their work ethic and creative products are second the none. You just don't know how to appreciate decent tech, with superior engineering.

Don't hate me.
Hate my swag.

You were't there for the ride.
So don't be there when I park.

The PS4 + PC can live in harmony.
The Xbox One can- TV! TV! TV! TV!

Yes, but it's the way they've crafted the studios into some of the most creative, and imaginative studios in the world, with incredible prowess, that's something that can't be replicated very easily.

Don't hate me.
Hate my swag.

xwan said:

I have got to disagree with that, in terms of Console gaming, the amount of exclusive contents and new IP sony is pushing far exceed what Nintendo has done. Nintendo's agenda was pushing Wii Shovelware with occassional Mario and Zelda IP. If Nintendo doesn't have their handheld, they would be pushing the same game for the past 20 years with minimal innovation.

Making same game over and over again, does not represent gaming. At least we saw several new IPs from Sony this generation.

1. Motorstorm (off road arcada racing)

2. Uncharted series

3. The Last of Us

4. Resistance

5. ModNation Racer

6. Various smaller games from Japan Studio i.e. Tokyo Jungle, Trash Panic

I am sure u can name a few more, but pushing new IPs, new experience, that's what is going to represent gaming, not rehash of the same old shit.

LBP was developed in 2008, 2 years before the company was bought by Sony. Claiming LBP as a Sony developed new IP is like saying that MS had some of the best new IP on the N64, such as Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Sony never has owned Quantic Dream, and there is no indication they ever will. That is like MS claiming that they have the best PS3 exclusives, because of things like Quantic Dream.

Infamous was created by sucker punch in 2009, a company that was not part of Sony until 2011. Infamous no more counts as Sony releasing new IPs than LBP does.

WKC is only partially developed by Sony. That is like Nintendo claiming that Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is a new Nintendo IP.

If you are going to make the argument that Sony is good because they create lots of new IPs, please only mention IPs that Sony made.

So all we have left from your list is 2 racers and 3 shooters. That deffinately means Sony isn't just "rehashing the same shit"

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:

I have no attachment to M$ or $ony. My love will always goes to Nintendo, Sega, Neo Geo and Atari because they represent gaming during the golden age and silver age of gaming.

Is it safe to say that we have entered the bronze age now?

Well... That's debatable. I *used* to love Nintendo products. Then the Wii U happened. And then I grew up. Then I turned to Sony.

As long as there are kids around, there'll be older, more mature gamers. And as time goes on, people thinking back in the days and getting nostalgic, will see Sony, and *other* companies as their childhood games, like how Nintendo used to have that effect on people. I know I will.

Nintendo just doesn't have the same kind of *boom* factor they used to have. 

Don't hate me.
Hate my swag.

Sorry about the double posts, getting used to the forum reply/quote buttons haha, and you can't delete them so yeah... (=

Don't hate me.
Hate my swag.

RobDX said:
Sony dying would not be the worst thing, their position can be easily replaced by other company that does the same as them: bring lots of cash to buy lots of studios.

Yes, but it's the way they've crafted the studios into some of the most creative, and imaginative studios in the world, with incredible prowess, that's something that can't be replicated very easily.

Don't hate me.
Hate my swag.

MoHasanie said:
The darkest day for gaming would be when Nintendo leaves the industry. Hopefully it will never happen though!

Well... That's debatable. I *used* to love Nintendo products. Then the Wii U happened. And then I grew up. Then I turned to Sony.

As long as there are kids around, there'll be older, more mature gamers. And as time goes on, people thinking back in the days and getting nostalgic, will see Sony, and *other* companies as their childhood games, like how Nintendo used to have that effect on people. I know I will.

Nintendo just doesn't have the same kind of *boom* factor they used to have. 

Don't hate me.
Hate my swag.