By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I hope Sony makes alot of money

SonyHeavyMetal92 said:

Look at where your fable developers are now... horse riding with kinect ring any bells?

Lionhead can make some amazing games, just unfortunatly they have all been on the PC and were released years ago.
Doesn't mean they don't have allot of talent though, the upper-management is run by baboons and wants to push Fable every year.

Besides, if it wasn't for Peter Moleneux forcing Mark Healey to create "male reproductive organs" on the animals in Black and White, forcing Mark to leave Lionhead... Little big Planet and hence Media Molecule might not have ever been born. :)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
sales2099 said:
SonyHeavyMetal92 said:
sales2099 said:
xSHADOWx said:

LOOOOL fail! And funding Media Molecule was a fantastic decision by Sony, look at where they are now.

4 LittleBigPlanet Karting PS3 2012 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 0.24 0.16 0.01 0.07 0.48
5 LittleBigPlanet PS Vita PSV 2012 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 0.17 0.19 0.02 0.04 0.41

This what you mean?

Look at where your fable developers are now... horse riding with kinect ring any bells?

Deflection....classic response ;)

And none of those were made by media molecule. Was your post rendered by M$' Cloud?

LOOOOOOL HOLY SHIT.

YOU JUST OWNED!

Don't hate me.
Hate my swag.

You were't there for the ride.
So don't be there when I park.

The PS4 + PC can live in harmony.
The Xbox One can- TV! TV! TV! TV!

BossPuma said:
kupomogli said:
BossPuma said:
xwan said:

I have got to disagree with that, in terms of Console gaming, the amount of exclusive contents and new IP sony is pushing far exceed what Nintendo has done. Nintendo's agenda was pushing Wii Shovelware with occassional Mario and Zelda IP. If Nintendo doesn't have their handheld, they would be pushing the same game for the past 20 years with minimal innovation.

Making same game over and over again, does not represent gaming. At least we saw several new IPs from Sony this generation.

1. Motorstorm (off road arcada racing)

2. Uncharted series

3. Infamous series

4. Quantic Dream's new IPs.

5. The Last of Us

6. Resistance

7. LittleBigPlanet

8. ModNation Racer

9. Various smaller games from Japan Studio i.e. Tokyo Jungle, Trash Panic, White Knight Chronicles

I am sure u can name a few more, but pushing new IPs, new experience, that's what is going to represent gaming, not rehash of the same old shit

Nintendo has as well

Xenoblade chronicles

Wonderful 101

Harmoknight

Fluidity

Pandoras Tower 

The Last Story

Just because they arent crazy popular doesnt mean they dont make new IP's. Just research it a little

Quantic Dreams next game  whatever it is, isn't first party.  Neither is Wonderful 101, Fluidity, and The Last Story.  They really don't count as Sony or Nintendo.  Exclusives, yeah, but not as the company.  Although Sony completely funds all of Quantic Dreams games, so second party. 

You also forgot Demon's Souls when listing exclusives that were co developed by Sony Japan, this one by Sony Japan and From Software.

Nintendo either published or co-published those games so i think they do count. Wonderful 101 is a Ninntendo IP, its just being developed by Platinum Games, the same way Retro Studios makes Metroid games. 

I wasnt argueing about 1st, 2nd or 3rd party, only that they are Nintendo IP's and on the cover of my disk of The Last Story it says its a trademark of Xseed and Nintendo so there you go

Being the publishers does not necessarily mean that they have ownership of the game.  Every Dragon Quest game that was released in the west except for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is Nintendo published.  Does that mean Nintendo owns the Dragon Quest franchise?  No, it doesn't.  Tales of Phantasia for GBA was published by Nintendo in the west.  Nintendo owns Tales of?  Nintendo has started making games on the PS3!  See Tales of Xillia for proof. /s

SonyHeavyMetal92 said:
BuckStud said:
SonyHeavyMetal92 said:
xSHADOWx said:
SonyHeavyMetal92 said:
BuckStud said:
Jared19 said:
Sony is awesome and they have more money than microsoft in assets either way they will make lots of money in terms of profit! cause they do make roughly $72billion a year!

Just curious as to where you pulled these numbers from as they are not at all accurate.

Seriously! where did he get this info O.o

Yeah in all fairness, Sony posted a profit a couple weeks ago, for the first time in 4 years

It's just sad really :(

all i can picture at the moment is Sony as a phoenix rising out of the ashes, the rebirth of Playstation will be the PS4 and it will increase the sales of the Vita i am sure of it just like the PS3 increased the sales of the PSP. Considering the PS3 has sold more consoles worldwide and in the countries that matter the most (Higher Prices), Sony has achieved a goal many declared a impossible one. So in other words OH YEAH! :D

Does all of North America not matter?

Here's the current breakdown for North America:

44.67 mil - Wii

43.99 mil - Xbox 360

26.68 mil - PS3

considering most of these consoles were RROD replacements and the fact we celebrate black friday and have extreme sales on xbox, and finally the many cheaper versions of xbox like the arcade. PS3 is winning! besides you know that europe and asia pay full price almost all the time for these consoles and games. The north american market seems to be very weak in price consistency, just a few weeks ago i saw halo 4 on sale for 25 dollars and the end of last year it was $60 O.O the hell lol 

I had to replace one Xbox 360 because of RROD and one PS3 because the Bluray drive died on it.  A lot of the PS3's sold were also for replacements and many were for use as a Blueray movie player.  While I think Sony has done a great job of catching up, they are by no means "winning".  Nintendo without a doubt has won to this point.  From 1995-2010 Sony's home video gaming division has made about $1.2 Billion in profits, during the same time frame, Nintnedo has made about $25.4 Billion in profits.

Stop hating and start playing.

NYCrysis said:
Soonerman said:
I hope they don't make money. They deserve to make money until they stop being asshats trying to make you buy proprietary items for their products. I should be able to use the standard SD card on any of their cameras for example.

Your example is invalid as all of sony's cameras now support the standard sd card, and besides the vita they don't do propriety anymore. Check out their phones all use industry standards. So you also think that MS and Apple shouldn't make money too cause of their propriety products like the xbox hdd's or apple's adapters and $100 16-32-64 memory upgrades or is this a one way streak?

Can't stand Apple for the same reason so they fall in the same hole as Sony. I don't buy their products. And, the only exception I do with proprietary stuff is the consoles. 

Around the Network

Do u know what revenue means I SAID SONY'S REVENUE FOR 2012 WAS 72 BILLION DOLLARS ARE U ALL DEFT MY GOSH SO The Profit aint as high this aint over pricer apple!

We both have large hopes for the company in this coming generation. Let's see who's comes true...

sethnintendo said:
xwan said:

Making same game over and over again, does not represent gaming. At least we saw several new IPs from Sony this generation.

You obviously don't know that much about Nintendo. 

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/2430/updated-75-new-nintendo-ips-since-year-2000/

The logic of the average gaming message board dweller = if it's not an overhyped marketting push by the games industry, it doesn't exist.