By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable Anniversary (Fable 1 HD remake) Xbox 360! Holiday 2013

Tagged games:

Finally! It's been a long time since Iplayed Fable and felt that WOW factor without being disappointed so good on you Lionhead and MS,. I just hope this comes out to the X1 too

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
teigaga said:
I guess this means Fable 4 isn't a xbox one launch title :(

Will probably release in 2014 so no worry :).

Well I'm still undecided on whether I'm a getting a ps4 or xbox 1. having Fable ready for launch would have made the decision a lot easier. E3 needs to hurry itself up so I can see their full line ups!!

Angelus said:
Lostplanet22 said:
teigaga said:

Anniversary will release in 2014?

That would suck......I'd love to play it while I wait for next gen consoles, not when they're already out

Fable IV 2014.

Probably announced at E3 this year. We will see :).

I preferred Fable 2, but this is still an excellent game. I'm glad it's not for the Xbox One, because that would mean I'll never buy it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Angelus said:
Lostplanet22 said:
teigaga said:

That would suck......I'd love to play it while I wait for next gen consoles, not when they're already out

Fable turns 10 next year... so yeah most likely 2014 title.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
Angelus said:

Fable IV 2014.

Halo Anniversay had the exact same release date as Halo CE, just 10 years later. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that Fable Anniversary is coming September 14, 2014

Barozi said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Angelus said:

Fable IV 2014.

Halo Anniversay had the exact same release date as Halo CE, just 10 years later. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that Fable Anniversary is coming September 14, 2014

Kowen should update his OP  (see bolded) :

Nearly a decade ago, Microsoft and Lionhead Studios took the gaming world by storm with “Fable,” a unique, fantasy role-playing game that gave players unprecedented freedom to make meaningful choices with permanent consequences.

Now, Lionhead Studios invites you to relive the magic with “Fable Anniversary” for Xbox 360, a modern remastering of the best-selling Xbox classic featuring stunning graphics, almost instant loading times, an all-new interface, Achievements, Xbox SmartGlass support and more.

“We’re really excited to bring ‘Fable’ to Xbox 360,” said Ted Timmins, Lead Designer on “Fable Anniversary.” “It’s the game that the ‘Fable’ community has been asking for, so we wanted to make sure ‘Fable Anniversary’ delivered the definitive ‘Fable’ experience for both long-time fans and newcomers to the franchise.”

In “Fable Anniversary,” you play as The Hero, an orphan whose destiny you shape through in-game decisions that influence not only his development as a hero, but the fate of the entire realm. In addition to “Fable’s” original storyline, “Fable: Anniversary” includes the expansion pack, “Fable: The Lost Chapters.”

“Fable Anniversary” uses the power Xbox 360 to bring “Fable” to life like never before. The graphics are substantially updated with new lighting, textures, models, facial and cut scene animations, and more, all in 1080p HD resolution. In addition, “Fable Anniversary” includes a new interface, save system and nearly non-existent loading times, making the immersive journey through the dangerous and mysterious world of Albion even more seamless.

“Fable Anniversary” also brings Achievements to “Fable” for the first time. “We’re doing something that’s not been done before,” said Timmins. “’Fable’ has always been about choices and consequences, so we’re trying to put that into our Achievements.”

While “Fable Anniversary” introduces modern improvements, Timmins emphasized each one was designed to enhance a gameplay experience that remains true to its roots.

“It’s probably the hardest part of the job. We needed to keep ‘Fable’ the same, but also make it different,” said Timmins. “It was a case of playing through the game over and over and writing down a list of the things we wanted to address in order to bring ‘Fable’ to a 360 quality level that people expect.”

And of course you can still punt chickens. “There’s now a leaderboard for this,” explained Timmins. “So you can actually find out who the best chicken kicker in Albion is.”

“Fable Anniversary” launches only on Xbox 360 this holiday season. To learn more about “Fable Anniversary,” including SmartGlass support and how “Fable” almost featured kicking monkeys instead of chickens, listen to Major Nelson’s full podcast interview with Ted Timmins.

Nearly a decade ago, Microsoft and Lionhead Studios took the gaming world by storm with “Fable,” a unique, fantasy role-playing game that gave players unprecedented freedom to make meaningful choices with permanent consequences.

Now, Lionhead Studios invites you to relive the magic with “Fable Anniversary” for Xbox 360, a modern remastering of the best-selling Xbox classic featuring stunning graphics, almost instant loading times, an all-new interface, Achievements, Xbox SmartGlass support and more.

“We’re really excited to bring ‘Fable’ to Xbox 360,” said Ted Timmins, Lead Designer on “Fable Anniversary.” “It’s the game that the ‘Fable’ community has been asking for, so we wanted to make sure ‘Fable Anniversary’ delivered the definitive ‘Fable’ experience for both long-time fans and newcomers to the franchise.”

In “Fable Anniversary,” you play as The Hero, an orphan whose destiny you shape through in-game decisions that influence not only his development as a hero, but the fate of the entire realm. In addition to “Fable’s” original storyline, “Fable: Anniversary” includes the expansion pack, “Fable: The Lost Chapters.”

“Fable Anniversary” uses the power Xbox 360 to bring “Fable” to life like never before. The graphics are substantially updated with new lighting, textures, models, facial and cut scene animations, and more, all in 1080p HD resolution. In addition, “Fable Anniversary” includes a new interface, save system and nearly non-existent loading times, making the immersive journey through the dangerous and mysterious world of Albion even more seamless.

“Fable Anniversary” also brings Achievements to “Fable” for the first time. “We’re doing something that’s not been done before,” said Timmins. “’Fable’ has always been about choices and consequences, so we’re trying to put that into our Achievements.”

While “Fable Anniversary” introduces modern improvements, Timmins emphasized each one was designed to enhance a gameplay experience that remains true to its roots.

“It’s probably the hardest part of the job. We needed to keep ‘Fable’ the same, but also make it different,” said Timmins. “It was a case of playing through the game over and over and writing down a list of the things we wanted to address in order to bring ‘Fable’ to a 360 quality level that people expect.”

And of course you can still punt chickens. “There’s now a leaderboard for this,” explained Timmins. “So you can actually find out who the best chicken kicker in Albion is.”

“Fable Anniversary” launches only on Xbox 360 this holiday season. To learn more about “Fable Anniversary,” including SmartGlass support and how “Fable” almost featured kicking monkeys instead of chickens, listen to Major Nelson’s full podcast interview with Ted Timmins.

http://majornelson.com/cast/2013/06/04/announcing-fable-anniversary/

Lostplanet22 said:
Barozi said:

Kowen should update his OP  (see bolded) :

:O
Okay then.
Which is good on the one hand but bad on the other as we now know or rather not know when other Anniversary editions come out :(

I was one of those people on Twitter begging Lionhead to remake the first Fable! I'm so happy about this, one of my favourite games and the best in the series is going to be remade better than ever! :)