By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your 3 Most Wanted Next-Gen Games?

Tagged games:

#3 most anticipated=GoW Norse Mythology reboot. I love the series and I loved Ascension, but anything more with Kratos is really going to be stretching it. Keep the awesome combat, epic boss battles, and brutal finishers, but give me a new character that gets screwed over by the Norse gods and maybe has a wider range of emotions (thinking of battling Thor on PS4 in GoW style makes me drool).

#2=New Naughty Dog IP. Sorry to the Uncharted fans but I still believe ND will surprise us with a new IP like they do every new gen. Uncharted is awesome but let's not ware it out. Maybe this'll come later after Uncharted 4 but damn I love every ND IP and a return to J&D in the first one's style would be awesome too. Basically whatever ND makes.

#1=A true R&C, made by Insomniac's main team, developed with no motion gaming or party stuff in mind. Just give me ACiT2 basically. Conclude the Lombax storyline and bring back the awesome weapons and gameplay. GC, UYA, and ACiT are 3 of my top 10 games of all time with ACiT being my favorite ever (well maybe it's UYA...GAH they're both awesome!) and I want to love this series again. Release an awesome game in 2014 or 2015 before the movie and my faith will be restored in you Insomniac because those last 3 games...yeah.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

1. Next gen Fallout or Elder Scrolls 

2.Destiny (I really really hope it doesn't end up being  mediocre.)

3. Left 4 Dead 3

My three most wanted next gen games, meaning what I want to see not necissarily what I will get, are:

1. Epic 3D Mario that actually allows you to explore a massive 3D Mushroom Kingdom.

2. Epic 3D Zelda that is a spiritual successor to OoT and TP, and basically looks like the tech demo from a couple years back, with an enormous open Hyrule, same basic gameplay with some new wrinkles (manual jumping would be a nice change of pace, worked great for Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening), and less of a focus on dungeons (but still having some amazing dungeons), more of a focus on just exploring and maybe even having some Zelda 2-type rpg-lite elements.

3. Epic Star Fox 64 sequel that I've been waiting a decade and a half for. No bullshit, no gimmicks, NO getting out of Arwings and walking around like a retard, just SF64 type levels, on a grander scale, with mind blowing graphics and and a great soundtrack. Make that and I'll be happy.

Runners up are:

1. Pikmin 3, which I'm already getting. I just hope that Olimar is actually in the game somewhere, and I also hope that the game is more like Pikmin 2 in that there is no overall time limit, BUT that it DOESN'T have mandatory underground areas like 2. You can have them, but don't MAKE me play them, make it more non-linear.

2. A new, gorgeous HD Wave Race. Blue Storm, for it's time at GC launch, was awesome. I've been imagining even better water graphics/physics, and much bigger, more varied tracks, for years.

3. A gorgeous HD, sprite based, full retail 2D Metroid game for Wii U. Fusion was nice. But let's see a TRUE successor to Super Metroid. The way it's meant to be, in 2D.

4. More 2D games like Wario Land, NSMB, Epic Yarn, etc. in general.

V-r0cK said:
007BondAgent said:

1.  finalfantasy Versus

2. uncharted 4

3. kingdom hearts 3

This!!!!!

*Almost* this, but the next Elder Scrolls instead of Uncharted 4.

It's all about the game.

Well, although pretty much all of them have slim to no chance of happening, i'll do a top 5 anyway.

Shenmue III

Streets of Rage IV (keep it 2D, perhaps have 4 player co-op instead of 2, more moves, more playable characters, and of course Yuzo Koshiro doing the music)

Onimusha V

Dino Crisis IV

Fighters Megamix II/Jet Set Radio III (either one will do nicely thanks SEGA)

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Well, although pretty much all of them have slim to no chance of happening, i'll do a top 5 anyway.

Shenmue III

Streets of Rage IV (keep it 2D, perhaps have 4 player co-op instead of 2, more moves, more playable characters, and of course Yuzo Koshiro doing the music)

Onimusha V

Dino Crisis IV

For all your SEGA titles we may not be waiting long. For whatever the reason Streets of Rage, Golden Ax, and Shibobi were promoted heavily in France. A new Jet Set is nearly a given, A facebook page for Space Channel 5 is up and for some reason Yu Suzuki has been tight lipped all of a sudden about Shenmue since meeting with the PS4 weirdo. I feel a awesome gen time SEGA fans approaching. />

1. Uncharted 4
2. FF versus
3. Kingdom Hearts 3

Xxain said:
Ronster316 said:

Shenmue III

Onimusha V

Dino Crisis IV

For all your SEGA titles we may not be waiting long. For whatever the reason Streets of Rage, Golden Ax, and Shibobi were promoted heavily in France. A new Jet Set is nearly a given, A facebook page for Space Channel 5 is up and for some reason Yu Suzuki has been tight lipped all of a sudden about Shenmue since meeting with the PS4 weirdo. I feel a awesome gen time SEGA fans approaching. />

Well Xxain, the ps4 weirdo (Mark Cerny) used to work at SEGA before he jumped ship to Naughty Dog (via somwherelse, can't remember where).

Shenmue III (if ever made) should be available for as many consoles as possible to maximise the chances of the franchise flourishing.

I hope to god it's not a ps4 exclusive. (and not just due to disliking sony, i would still buy it on ps4 if that was the only option, i just want the game to get as much exposure as possible).

Great to hear that SOR & JSR may still have a future too.

1) Knack fresh breather for platformers Created by the "Weirdo" Cerney who also developed my most favorite all time PS1, 2, and 3 franchises.
2) Infamous 2nd Son LOVE infamous series.
3) Quantic Dream's New IP

Runner Ups:
4) ND's New IP
5) Destiny
6) It's a battle between Agni's Philosophy (if it is infact a game) and Deep Down.

1. Lost Odyssey 2
2. X
3. Mass Effect Next

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results