By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Console Apocalypse: If the Big 3 drop out of the console war

Tagged games:

DerpSandwich said:
This is basically where we're going, and I don't think it's going to be such a bad thing. Then it's all just games. It will be the fanboy war equivalent of world peace.

Thats kind of where I was going with this lol.  

This idea relly seems out of reach, but the solution seems so simple...

Around the Network

we will see each other in apple and samsung console... goosebumps....

People inherently develop "fanboy" traits. They will become fanboys of companies and games, just like what already exists between publishers (cod fanboys, battlefield fanboys, etc.).

wfz said:
People inherently develop "fanboy" traits. They will become fanboys of companies and games, just like what already exists between publishers (cod fanboys, battlefield fanboys, etc.).

I would not mind that actually. This will benefit the gaming industry. Game vs Game are valid arguments. Plus every one will be able to play everything.... emagine that... The constant hardware banter and the endless my exclucives are better then your exclucives will stop. 

antfromtashkent said:
wfz said:

I would not mind that actually. This will benefit the gaming industry. Game vs Game are valid arguments. Plus every one will be able to play everything.... emagine that... The constant hardware banter and the endless my exclucives are better then your exclucives will stop. 

I agree with that. Games should be judged by their quality, not what platform they're on. The less someone has to monetarily invest in a platform, the less emotionally invested they will be. So if the future is less platform focused, then we can start being mostly game focused.

Around the Network

People would simply realize how awesome PC gaming is...

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

"My Streams are more fluid than yours." "Pah, my clouds are abundant."

I think Fanboyism will go away the day after all religions get together and decide to agree to one. I think some of it is biological - that some people just need to believe their thing, whatever it is, is always right, which makes their opponent, always wrong.

There was recent study that show some fundamentalism, was from a lacking part of the brain. And potentially treatable. Perhaps the same treatment can cure fanboyism.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I can imagine one leaving, but don't jinx it though D:

All we'll have left is ...the Ouya

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

stop dreaming

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m