By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Need help on my next purchase

Even if I mainly spend my time on DS games, what should I purchase

DS Lite 5 6.49%

3DS 14 18.18%

3DS XL 58 75.32%

Total:77

I'm seriously thinking about getting a handheld for the first time in my life.

As I see it, my main choices are a DS Lite, a 3DS or a 3DS XL.

Considering I'll spend my time on my new system mainly playing DS games, specially RPGs and platformers, what Nintendo handheld should I get and why?

Around the Network

3DS XL

-it can play all DS games

-3DS has alot of great RPGs and platformers of its own and that list is growing

-it has a bigger screen and fixes many of the design flaws of the original 3DS

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Definitely recommend the XL. If you don't mind the extra bulk, the added screen size and layout spacing is fantastic (it also comes with a 4 GB SD card... although European XL's don't come with a charger...). Plus with the 3DS/XL, you have access to almost every feature that the DSi has (ability to play DS games, DSiWare games are available on eShop). So you'll have access to the entire DS library plus the growing 3DS library.

Anyways, that's just my recommendation, and I wish you the best on whatever purchase you make. If you want to take a look at my Recommendation threads, here's the 3DS and DS threads. ^_^

I have the original 3DS, mainly because I bought it before the XL was announced. It's great, screen is big enough and I don't feel the need to have a bigger screen. But at the same time, for the price I see no reason to buy the normal 3DS over thge XL unless you want to travel with it in your pocket.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

3DS and grab Fire Emblem if you like Strategy RPGs

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Such a great game, i just finished the battle at the huge tree.

I hope a new Advance Wars comes to 3DS next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

NobleTeam360 said:

I am eager to play the previous iterations first. But you got a strong reason to incline myself to purchasing a 3DS. The thing is I don't know if the "DS" experience is worse on a 3DS system than in a DS system. That's the reason I made this thread.

3DS XL of course! And you still can play DS games on it.

Click HERE and be happy 

The DS XL apparently plays DS games slightly better than the 3DS XL and much better than the 3DS.
I'd recommend the 3DS XL, almost as good at playing DS games as a DS XL and you'll be able to enjoy many other newer games and features.

pariz said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I am eager to play the previous iterations first. But you got a strong reason to incline myself to purchasing a 3DS. The thing is I don't know if the "DS" experience is worse on a 3DS system than in a DS system. That's the reason I made this thread.

Well you should buy the 3DS since you can play DS games on it. And when you do want to play 3DS games you won't have to pay again for another handheld. Also Fire Emblem is the best game I have played so far this year.