By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Germany 1.5m overtracked !

That's a big drop in population since nearly all countries gain population. This will probably become a common sight, especially in Europe and Japan, where there is a aging population. Also, my BMI is 22 so i have a BMI which is apparently lower 80% of people my age in my country but i'm a similar weight to the world average. Woo hoo!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Don't worry, a new wave of inmigrants will fill their void after the incoming economical implosion in southern europe countries.

pezus said:
You have a lower BMI than 78% of males aged 15-29 in your country. Interesting

I'm 56 kilos for 1.89 meters =(

And I eat freakin fat

RolStoppable said:
RenCutypoison said:

40+ countries counting Poland, Ukraine, Micronesia and such ?

Beside, their average is under 25, so it can't be called fat by definition. Not even overweight. 

40+ countries in Europe.

What does the bolded mean? Doesn't make any sense to me at the moment.

25 = the BMI

You are considered overweight over 25. Obese over 30.

Underweight is under 18.

RolStoppable said:
Doesn't the number of fat people make up for this? At least in terms of the population's total weight.

The population decreases but the biomass increases???

At least it's not an increase in both population and mass...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
RenCutypoison said:

25 = the BMI

Underweight is under 18.

Okay, I see.

The average is misleading though, because Heidi Klum and her next top models are bringing it down considerably.

As well as there are fat guys in any country, even North Korea

the2real4mafol said:
That's a big drop in population since nearly all countries gain population. This will probably become a common sight, especially in Europe and Japan, where there is a aging population

It's not really a real drop though.

81.7m was only an estimate while the 80.2m figure is more factual.
The last census was made in 1987 and that was before Germany was unified and it didn't drop from there.

Also according to other federal sources, population has gone slightly up in the past few years due to more immigration.

Barozi said:
the2real4mafol said:
That's a big drop in population since nearly all countries gain population. This will probably become a common sight, especially in Europe and Japan, where there is a aging population

It's not really a real drop though.

81.7m was only an estimate while the 80.2m figure is more factual.
The last census was made in 1987 and that was before Germany was unified and it didn't drop from there.

Also according to other federal sources, population has gone slightly up in the past few years due to more immigration.

I thought it's population was falling slightly despite immigration

~http://www.indexmundi.com/germany/demographics_profile.html

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

RolStoppable said:
RenCutypoison said:

25 = the BMI

Underweight is under 18.

Okay, I see.

The average is misleading though, because Heidi Klum and her next top models are bringing it down considerably.

add to that the fewer pregnant women than elsewhere

It has always puzzled me why Germany has had so extremely low fertility rate for so long. Without massive immigration the population would have declined since seventies. Weird. Make more babies Germans!