By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft offers to buy Yahoo

Microsoft just offered Yahoo 44.6 billion dollars to purchase them. Looks like Mircosoft is attempting to reclaim their monopoly.

http://www.wallst.net/news/news.asp?Source=REUTERSNEWS&id=15897&title=Microsoft%20offers%20to%20buy%20Yahoo%20in%20$44.6%20billion%20deal

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

HOLY CRAP!!!

I knew MS had money, but DAMN!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

pocketchange :P

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

starcraft said:
HOLY CRAP!!!

I knew MS had money, but DAMN!!!

yes.. even im shocked at this number... a buy out like this WOULD HAVE TO put MicroSoft into the red for a while. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Dam, thats a hell of a lot of money, just for yahoo. MS want thier monopoly no matter how much it costs them. I think it would be better if they spent some of that on thier OS's.

Around the Network

Lol. Ok has anyone heard of Google? Microsoft doesn't want a monopoly in this field at the moment, they just want to compete.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft. I concur with you. All other strategies that Microsoft have tried failed miserably. Buying Yahoo can make Microsoft more competitive in the target market.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Microsoft certainly feels like they need to dominate every single industry. If you can't beat them, buy them. I guess they need to do something with all that money they are sitting on.

Does anyone still use Yahoo as their primary search engine?

What ever happened to the original merger plan? That would have been more plausible Microsoft.

I've never used any search engine other than google.