By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official E3 Sony Conference 2013: Time to Panic

Xen said:
lestatdark said:
OMG, this conference was so epic that it even brought back Xen and Zexen!

Welcome back guys!

Thank you, thank you :D

And all it took was some games that this site wanted for so long :)

Indeed .

The moment I heard Simple and Clean coming out of my headset, I knew epicness was arriving .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
zexen_lowe said:

Nah, xen talked me into it

It was a nice night to remind me why I love(d) gaming

Dang it. Why did you have to rain on my parade? :P

What'd you love the most about the Conference?

1) No extra DRM. A HUGE deal breaker for me, I need used games and i need to resell my games, only way I can afford my ps3 gaming

2) KH3 - Self explanatory

3) Price, affordable enough

4) FF15...I loved the footage, it looked absolutely amazing..yet i cant shake the feeling I bought a ps3 for this game (plus others, obviously), I'm sad I'll have to buy a PS4 (which I was gonna, in any case)

5) Watch dogs...nothing we haven't seen, but damn, I need this game

6) The order looked cool

7) Infamous, that Quantic sorceror game...gonna keep my eye on them

Carl2291 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
oh and the word is that GG's new IP will be at Gamescom ;)

GG, Santa Monica and Media Molecule are all said to be working on new IP...

And we need to know what else ND are working on too.

Sony have so many games let to show.

Yep. And I believe Sony San Diego is also working on something else other than MLB. PS4 will have no problem when it comes to exclusives. Heck I bet we will get a ton of them from Japan alone. I mean MS didn't even put up their price up in YEN today. Tells me they have basically given up on that market.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

lestatdark said:

Welcome back guys!

Thanks, lestat, I'm gonna forgive you for deleting me on skype

Just kidding, its nice to be back

ironmanDX said:
theprof00 said:
ironmanDX said:
theprof00 said:

Is exclusives the overall package?

No, it isn't.

Cheaper online per year than MS, Console is like half the size, No mandatory camera,No mandatory installs,  Just as much tv stuff as xboxone (netflix, hulu, etc)?

Ok, how do you know any of these? You don't. I was talking preference. Sony hit it out of the park at the end, don't get me wrong, but the games they showed weren't as impressive as the list for the X1. The price though? $399 is the biggest news. Still also unclear as to whether FFXV and KH3 are exclusive or not. The no DRM and how they're handling used games, is massive also. They've done well.

Console half the size. Just look at them together.
PS+ is retail 50$, live is 60$
Doesn't come with a camera, tehrefore not mandatory
Never said anything about mandatory installs.
Had a whole segment about their tv features.
That's how I know. (also the console size and tv features are a bit exaggerated. Console is like 2/3rds the size, and the tv stuff is comparable)
The games weren't as impressive? Well now that's just your opinion then.

But if you're going to taunt Sony fans and call us hypocrits, your argument shouldn't rest solely on exclusives announced during a single show. The point is, since January, we've seen the same number of exclusives. It's just you got all yours today.

You did say mandatory installs... I copied and pasted! I never called anyone a hypocrite either and made it clear it was preference! I doubt the TV area will be as extensive as MS' on the X1 either. Just look at the consoles together? Post a side by side shot then, would you please? I understand it's smaller but half? MS still haven't shown all their exclusives either. There were 15 games but some were 3rd party exclusive or otherwise.

look at the disc slot. The one on MS is exactly half the size of the console. The xb1 is split into two equal parts at the midsection, and on the left, is a drive and about an inch of space on either side. The right side, being equal in size to the left side, is the same. Therefore, the width of the xb1 is 2 disc drives plus 2 or so inches. Which is 2" + 2x 4.7+" giving about an eigth of an inch to fit the disc, so about 12" width.

the ps4 in comparison is about 4.9" for the drive, plus an inch on either side, plus about 3" for just under 10"

similarly, the lengths are the same since both are boxes. lxw is 144sq" vs ~100sq" which equals about 2/3rds

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:

Nah, xen talked me into it

It was a nice night to remind me why I love(d) gaming

... Youre back!

All we need now is Suikoden 2 to finally be released on PSN and all will be good with the world.

zexen_lowe said:

1) No extra DRM. A HUGE deal breaker for me, I need used games and i need to resell my games, only way I can afford my ps3 gaming

2) KH3 - Self explanatory

3) Price, affordable enough

4) FF15...I loved the footage, it looked absolutely amazing..yet i cant shake the feeling I bought a ps3 for this game (plus others, obviously), I'm sad I'll have to buy a PS4 (which I was gonna, in any case)

5) Watch dogs...nothing we haven't seen, but damn, I need this game

6) The order looked cool

7) Infamous, that Quantic sorceror game...gonna keep my eye on them

Really, they could've just sent SE out there and told them to do their thing and I would've been fine! (But NO DRM and Price confirmations were nice, too. I agree.)

zexen_lowe said:
lestatdark said:

Welcome back guys!

Thanks, lestat, I'm gonna forgive you for deleting me on skype

Just kidding, its nice to be back

I think I still have you on Skype, you're still cu.chulainnx right? I had some weird merging between my MSN and Skype accounts so that's why it might have seemed that I deleted you :-p.

Nice to have you back

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The dimensions for the console are in the pdf.

Its smaller than the PS3 Slim, not sure about the comparison with the Super Slim though.

CGI-Quality said:
My two pals, Xen and Zexen! Welcome back, ol' friends!

Yo!

How'd you enjoy Quantic's demonstration and Watch Dogs? Nice sig, by the way.