By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official E3 Sony Conference 2013: Time to Panic

Sony nailed it. Not only have they won gamers back over, but also punching microsoft in the face. Honestly, I have to wonder what kind of gamer will really buy an X1 now. 100$ more than the ps4 even though the ps4 is a more powerful console. X1 has DRM, mandatory online every 24 hours, and kinect being required. Seriously, I really am wondering why people will want to buy the X1 after seeing the Ps4.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Andy McNamara ‏@GI_AndyMc 51 s

Ran into Sony after the conference. The Last Guardian still "on track." Just had to check and I thought I would share.

Excellent :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It's a good day to be a gamer, Kingdom Hearts fan, Final Fantasy fan, Sony fan, a fan of physical media... aahh. No E3 conference made me feel so much joy and excitement as this one :)

Hey everybody :) Does everyone remember me, did anyone expect me? ^^

zexen_lowe passes his greetings to you, by the way!

Xen said:
It's a good day to be a gamer, Kingdom Hearts fan, Final Fantasy fan, Sony fan, a fan of physical media... aahh. No E3 conference made me feel so much joy and excitement as this one :)

Tell Zex to come back on with all of his opinions on the matter. He must be here! 

theprof00 said:
ironmanDX said:
theprof00 said:

Is exclusives the overall package?

No, it isn't.

Cheaper online per year than MS, Console is like half the size, No mandatory camera,No mandatory installs,  Just as much tv stuff as xboxone (netflix, hulu, etc)?

Ok, how do you know any of these? You don't. I was talking preference. Sony hit it out of the park at the end, don't get me wrong, but the games they showed weren't as impressive as the list for the X1. The price though? $399 is the biggest news. Still also unclear as to whether FFXV and KH3 are exclusive or not. The no DRM and how they're handling used games, is massive also. They've done well.

Console half the size. Just look at them together.
PS+ is retail 50$, live is 60$
Doesn't come with a camera, tehrefore not mandatory
Never said anything about mandatory installs.
Had a whole segment about their tv features.
That's how I know. (also the console size and tv features are a bit exaggerated. Console is like 2/3rds the size, and the tv stuff is comparable)
The games weren't as impressive? Well now that's just your opinion then.

But if you're going to taunt Sony fans and call us hypocrits, your argument shouldn't rest solely on exclusives announced during a single show. The point is, since January, we've seen the same number of exclusives. It's just you got all yours today.

You did say mandatory installs... I copied and pasted! I never called anyone a hypocrite either and made it clear it was preference! I doubt the TV area will be as extensive as MS' on the X1 either. Just look at the consoles together? Post a side by side shot then, would you please? I understand it's smaller but half? MS still haven't shown all their exclusives either. There were 15 games but some were 3rd party exclusive or otherwise.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Xen said:

Tell Zex to come back on with all of his opinions on the matter. He must be here! 

No love for me? :/

Xen said:

No love for me? :/

Hey, you're already here! No need to ask for you.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Andy McNamara ‏@GI_AndyMc 51 s

Ran into Sony after the conference. The Last Guardian still "on track." Just had to check and I thought I would share.

Excellent :)

i was hoping to see it after destiny, maibe in august in gamesconvencion in europe or tokio game show

I think they are just getting started with the first party showcase. I bet anything even Evolution has another game for PS4. GGs game is said to be coming at Gamescom and an ex Sony employee said that TLG has been moved to PS4 a while back. ND is making a game too. We still have no idea what game Stig is making at Sony Santa Monica. :D SEGA is said to be making 2 games for PS4. One of them is a game Sony got after agreeing to let go of that Sonic game. I expect great things for the PS4 in the coming months

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

NintendoPie said:
Xen said:

It was a nice conference :D

£349 as good as i could have hoped for over here,same as i paid for a PS3,

must be taking a hit or without quite a few features of xbox like kinect/camera stuff that microsoft have to cover

i did say it will be the subs generation for sony/ms anyway,$399 sure gives sony a chance in the US which is an important market

bickering about types of games is just opinion/preference,lots of people like shooters and will pay for online which generates more money,just need all types of games going on,saw quite a few new games coming over the 2 conferences

gives nintendo an angle with free online if they want it,nintendo can make a real go of price too

Above & Beyond