By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official E3 Sony Conference 2013: Time to Panic

Are people really concerned that PlayStation don't have that many exclusives ?. Just look at the PS3 lineup, this is PlayStation we are talking about :)

Very happy and satisfied , FF XV alone is a 10 for me :').

Without any doubt in my mind, PS4 day one.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
NintendoPie said:

Good night, Sony. You get an 8/10 from me. Best score so far!

Now to hype up for Nintendo's Conference...!

I gave 7 to MS and 8 to Sony. Would've given Sony a 9 easily if they only announced KH3 and FFXV as "Exclusives"

I'm happy they didn't. Would've been a 9 for me if there wasn't so much focus on sports (luckily not as bad as EA's conference on that front, though.) and "Entertainment" (not meaning games.)

oh and the word is that GG's new IP will be at Gamescom ;)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

NintendoPie said:
Kyuu said:
NintendoPie said:

Good night, Sony. You get an 8/10 from me. Best score so far!

Now to hype up for Nintendo's Conference...!

I gave 7 to MS and 8 to Sony. Would've given Sony a 9 easily if they only announced KH3 and FFXV as "Exclusives"

I'm happy they didn't. Would've been a 9 for me if there wasn't so much focus on sports (luckily not as bad as EA's conference on that front, though.) and "Entertainment" (not meaning games.)

Focus on sports and Entertainment?

The heck conference did you watch?

We had one Basketball game shown and a couple announced and 10 minutes out of 120 alocated to presenting the multimedia features of the console. How is that a BIG focus on those things when most of the time was allocated to core games shown and played on stage? They've shown games on the show floor, had trailers, announcements and demos...I really can't see how they could have crammed in more. Heck, they even skipped through the Vita and PS3 releases just to get to the PS4 stuff.

I don't get it.

I loved how Sony called Microsoft out on stage!

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
theprof00 said:
ironmanDX said:
Exclusives vs price? I doubt the psfans who said the overall package should win won't say it now.

Is exclusives the overall package?

No, it isn't.

Overall package:

No restrictions.
Online covers 3 platforms, with free games on each one.
100$ cheaper
Cheaper online per year than MS.
Picked up like 15 big indie dev teams
Hardware is faster, stronger, better
Console is like half the size
No mandatory camera
No mandatory installs or checking in
No DRM
Remote play on vita
Just as much tv stuff as xboxone (netflix, hulu, etc)

They didn't announce a lot of exclusives today, but they have announced as many exclusives as ms has.

Now what's the big picture?

FYI @ $5/month PS+ is the same as a year membership of XBL Gold, and in fact you can usually get the pre-paid cards on Amazon for alot cheaper, sometimes as low as $40 for a year fo Gold, or $3.33/mo, so no, the online isn't cheaper.

he didn't say five dollars a month, he said less than 5, and ps+ is 50$ a year, retail.

And please, don't lower yourself to resort to ebay pricing, we can both do that.

JinxRake said:

Focus on sports and Entertainment?

The heck conference did you watch?

We had one Basketball game shown and a couple announced and 10 minutes out of 120 alocated to presenting the multimedia features of the console. How is that a BIG focus on those things when most of the time was allocated to core games shown and played on stage? They've shown games on the show floor, had trailers, announcements and demos...I really can't see how they could have crammed in more. Heck, they even skipped through the Vita and PS3 releases just to get to the PS4 stuff.

I don't get it.

I don't think I said "BIG" focus. I just said focus. Calm down, 8/10 is still a good score. 

Also, that was another thing. Almost no focus on Vita, which is weird.

theprof00 said:

No, it isn't.

Cheaper online per year than MS, Console is like half the size, No mandatory camera,No mandatory installs,  Just as much tv stuff as xboxone (netflix, hulu, etc)?

Ok, how do you know any of these? You don't. I was talking preference. Sony hit it out of the park at the end, don't get me wrong, but the games they showed weren't as impressive as the list for the X1. The price though? $399 is the biggest news. Still also unclear as to whether FFXV and KH3 are exclusive or not. The no DRM and how they're handling used games, is massive also. They've done well.

I'm disappointed by the lack of new exclusives, I'm hoping that either they couldn't fit them in or they are saving more for Gamescom and TGS. I still find its exclusives more appealing than the Xbox One's, luckily due to the ones they announced when they unveiled the console.

Still, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, $399 and directly calling out Microsoft for used games and always online were just home runs, absolutely brilliant.

Giving it an 8/10, possibly the best E3 I've watched.

ironmanDX said:
theprof00 said:

No, it isn't.

Cheaper online per year than MS, Console is like half the size, No mandatory camera,No mandatory installs,  Just as much tv stuff as xboxone (netflix, hulu, etc)?

Ok, how do you know any of these? You don't. I was talking preference. Sony hit it out of the park at the end, don't get me wrong, but the games they showed weren't as impressive as the list for the X1. The price though? $399 is the biggest news. Still also unclear as to whether FFXV and KH3 are exclusive or not. The no DRM and how they're handling used games, is massive also. They've done well.

Console half the size. Just look at them together.
PS+ is retail 50$, live is 60$
Doesn't come with a camera, tehrefore not mandatory
Never said anything about mandatory installs.
Had a whole segment about their tv features.
That's how I know. (also the console size and tv features are a bit exaggerated. Console is like 2/3rds the size, and the tv stuff is comparable)
The games weren't as impressive? Well now that's just your opinion then.

But if you're going to taunt Sony fans and call us hypocrits, your argument shouldn't rest solely on exclusives announced during a single show. The point is, since January, we've seen the same number of exclusives. It's just you got all yours today.