By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us: Pre-Order the Digital Edition & Season Pass, DLC Detailed

plaZeHD said:
Wright said:

Season Pass means they've already think several DLC to be included within the game. If one of those is story-related, well, why not put it in the game instead of being DLC? You're removing something you could totally include within the original package.

So did RockStar. Just because of RockStar didn't say they will have Story DLCs in public doesn't mean they didn't had it in mind. The Joel and Ellie journey ends with this game. And like I said before, you don't know where it takes place, who you will be in controll of, what it's about...ETC. So why start complaining?

Because you can't tell me either that this DLC won't affect the core story, that's why.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:

You are just going to get backstory or some stuff unimportant to the core of the game that will only be worthy for die-hard fans of the game.  Just like every other piece of extra story content in every other game.

You know that? Because the other user stated Mass Effect 3 as a good example of story DLC, but that game actually rip-off its own content to make it DLC. So no. I'm not safe until ND say something, and you shouldn't either.

I really dont care what he is saying about ME3.   For me the ME3 DLC, as I said is unimportant to the core of the game.  Sure it is fun, but there is nothing game changer.  The only thing game changer was the extended ending which was free.  If they would have charged for it, then I would be pissed.

Yeah. Of course this guy was not game changer.

Nope, it is not game changer.  It is just one of the many characters you can play with.  It provides some sorts of backstory to the main story of the game, regrding what happened to the protheans, but it is not needed to enjoy the game.  Does he affect the ending? No.   Does he change the story of the game? No.  It just brings extra content, that does not affect the core of game at all, so it is not important.    It is a nice extra addition, but that is all.

nnodley said:
ryuzaki57 said:
My question remains the same : will Ellie be playable or not?

Nope, Ellie will not be playable.  At least that's what they have said so far.  Maybe they are gonna surprise us and actually let us play as her for chapter or something.

They'd better because if not I'm not buying. How dare they destroy my dream of sniping as a 14-year old girl? XD

Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:

Season Pass means they've already think several DLC to be included within the game. If one of those is story-related, well, why not put it in the game instead of being DLC? You're removing something you could totally include within the original package.

So did RockStar. Just because of RockStar didn't say they will have Story DLCs in public doesn't mean they didn't had it in mind. The Joel and Ellie journey ends with this game. And like I said before, you don't know where it takes place, who you will be in controll of, what it's about...ETC. So why start complaining?

Because you can't tell me either that this DLC won't affect the core story, that's why.

Exactly. So why start complaining, if you don't know a fraction of the DLC.

Now you are making progress and starting to make sense.

ryuzaki57 said:
nnodley said:
ryuzaki57 said:
My question remains the same : will Ellie be playable or not?

Nope, Ellie will not be playable.  At least that's what they have said so far.  Maybe they are gonna surprise us and actually let us play as her for chapter or something.

They'd better because if not I'm not buying. How dare they destroy my dream of sniping as a 14-year old girl? XD

Oh you're gonna buy and you're gonna enjoy every second of playing as a 40ish(what's joels age?) year old man.  

Anyway yeah I do kinda hope they give us some play time with Ellie and they are just keeping it a secret to not spoil it.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:

You are just going to get backstory or some stuff unimportant to the core of the game that will only be worthy for die-hard fans of the game.  Just like every other piece of extra story content in every other game.

You know that? Because the other user stated Mass Effect 3 as a good example of story DLC, but that game actually rip-off its own content to make it DLC. So no. I'm not safe until ND say something, and you shouldn't either.

I really dont care what he is saying about ME3.   For me the ME3 DLC, as I said is unimportant to the core of the game.  Sure it is fun, but there is nothing game changer.  The only thing game changer was the extended ending which was free.  If they would have charged for it, then I would be pissed.

Nope, it is not game changer.  It is just one of the many characters you can play with.  It provides some sorts of backstory to the main story of the game, regrding what happened to the protheans, but it is not needed to enjoy the game.  Does he affect the ending? No.   Does he change the story of the game? No.  It just brings extra content, that does not affect the core of game at all, so it is not important.    It is a nice extra addition, but that is all.

That's what I said, he was not game changer. You missed my point completely, though.

plaZeHD said:
Wright said:

You don't either. Why is it that there is already DLC for this game, again?

Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:

That's what I said, he was not game changer. You missed my point completely, though.

Looks like, I got a false possitive in my sarcasm detector.

Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:

You don't either. Why is it that there is already DLC for this game, again?

How so?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/05/29/the-last-of-us-single-player-dlc-isnt-cut-content-its-new-content-naughty-dog-is-working-on-post-launch/

OMG! People. This is nothing new in any industry. They have the basic version of songs, books, movies, event tickets, cars, meals, devices, anything. You pay for the amount of interest you have in the content.

Here is an example. If you only care about the main content, you buy just that version. If you care about the content plus the back history of the universe, you spend a little more. If the content grasps you and this becomes your fantasy world, you buy the comics, the tv shows, the merchandise ect.

Don't tell me your are pissed off because a meal is not supersized to start with. Don't tell me a car should just come with all the features. Don't try and make me believe you expect the basic TV/Phone/Net package to include everything. Everyone should get the point by now.

Devs can work on a single title for years and make quality content the whole time, but at some point the game has to release. At some point they have to move units to justify their work, and justify the continuation of work on that project.

Really this should not be the concern of the end user. What should be the big issue is that a game like Halo 4 cost the same as Madden, or that I have to pay for the multiplayer whether I want it or not. How can a team of 300 people making a game for 3 years put of a product that is only worth the same amount as if they put something out with 1 year worth the quality work?

Sorry to rant, but these not buying game, after game, after game, due to IMO illogical arguments is very depressing, and not in any way shape or form good for the industry, that quite frankley is not making the money some people seem to think. Greed implies piling on top, not trying to stay afloat.

Edit: Mods if this is to much let me know, I just had to put out my opinion. This is a general statement to all gamers.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL