By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us: Pre-Order the Digital Edition & Season Pass, DLC Detailed

The issue is that gamers don't like paying 60$ for a game that is incomplete. Also, dlc should not be announced before a game is released.
I have no problem with multiplayer dlc, but if its from the main story line that pisses me off. Mass Effect's dlc was ripped from the main game. I don't want that to happen to this game.

Around the Network
Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:

What if you don't care about the multiplayer thing at all? You have to shut up too and buy the Season pass? You're still being screwed.

I can't be greedy if I'm the one paying for this. I could totally wait until I find this game used by a price of 15$ and purchase then. If they want people to buy it brand new 60$, they can be a bit more considerate.

Well that's a marketing strategy. They don't want to lose money. What is the point of making the season pass cheap, and making all individual DLCs cheap as well?

And sure you can be greedy if you are the one paying. If you want everything to be as cheap as you want, and make the producer lose money. That makes you greedy.

I like paying for things that are complete, thank you very much.

By that logic, you are saying Red Dead Redemption is incomplete, because it has a side-story DLC(Undead Nightmare)?

Well, I call BullCr@p.

I call that Game of the Year edition, buddy. And I don't remember season pass for Red Dead Redemption.

What are you trying to prove?

I don't see how season pass can effect the completion of a game.

Season Pass = Acknowledges purposedly removed content of the game to make it DLC.

How is it different if you get a story dlc without season pass, or with?

The question only implies to how it affects the completion of a game.

plaZeHD said:
Wright said:
plaZeHD said:

Season Pass = Acknowledges purposedly removed content of the game to make it DLC.

Season Pass means they've already think several DLC to be included within the game. If one of those is story-related, well, why not put it in the game instead of being DLC? You're removing something you could totally include within the original package.

Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Why? What's the point of season pass except screwing people who don't purchase it?

Nope.  Those who purchase it spend less money than those who dont.    In other words those who purchase it get benefits, while those who dont are unaffected.

Those who don't will miss the "more story" thing, which is being screwed. Of course, they can always pay more after the season pass for the DLC itself, which makes them double-screwed.

Dude, just because there is DLC in the plans, it does not mean the game is incomplete.  A small team, with ANOTHER BUDGET is gonna do this.   You are just going to get backstory or some stuff unimportant to the core of the game that will only be worthy for die-hard fans of the game.  Just like every other piece of extra story content in every other game.

In the PS2 era this stuff alredy existed, but you required to buy the whole game again if you wanted the extra content; but now you can just buy only the extra content.   If you dont like extra content to be delivered, then just dont buy it; and stop making things up about "they are cutting content!!!!".    These content usually takes months to complete, so it is not like it was done and then it was cut from the main game in order to sell it to you; IF that is what bothers you.

Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:

What if you don't care about the multiplayer thing at all? You have to shut up too and buy the Season pass? You're still being screwed.

I can't be greedy if I'm the one paying for this. I could totally wait until I find this game used by a price of 15$ and purchase then. If they want people to buy it brand new 60$, they can be a bit more considerate.

Well that's a marketing strategy. They don't want to lose money. What is the point of making the season pass cheap, and making all individual DLCs cheap as well?

And sure you can be greedy if you are the one paying. If you want everything to be as cheap as you want, and make the producer lose money. That makes you greedy.

I like paying for things that are complete, thank you very much.

By that logic, you are saying Red Dead Redemption is incomplete, because it has a side-story DLC(Undead Nightmare)?

Well, I call BullCr@p.

I call that Game of the Year edition, buddy. And I don't remember season pass for Red Dead Redemption.

Yeah, and that is why it takes months upon months to complete.  It was done already but they decided to take months before selling it to you.

/s.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Why? What's the point of season pass except screwing people who don't purchase it?

Nope.  Those who purchase it spend less money than those who dont.    In other words those who purchase it get benefits, while those who dont are unaffected.

Those who don't will miss the "more story" thing, which is being screwed. Of course, they can always pay more after the season pass for the DLC itself, which makes them double-screwed.

You are just going to get backstory or some stuff unimportant to the core of the game that will only be worthy for die-hard fans of the game.  Just like every other piece of extra story content in every other game.

You know that? Because the other user stated Mass Effect 3 as a good example of story DLC, but that game actually rip-off its own content to make it DLC. So no. I'm not safe until ND say something, and you shouldn't either.

ryuzaki57 said:
My question remains the same : will Ellie be playable or not?

Nope, Ellie will not be playable.  At least that's what they have said so far.  Maybe they are gonna surprise us and actually let us play as her for chapter or something.

Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:

You are just going to get backstory or some stuff unimportant to the core of the game that will only be worthy for die-hard fans of the game.  Just like every other piece of extra story content in every other game.

You know that? Because the other user stated Mass Effect 3 as a good example of story DLC, but that game actually rip-off its own content to make it DLC. So no. I'm not safe until ND say something, and you shouldn't either.

I really dont care what he is saying about ME3.   For me the ME3 DLC, as I said is unimportant to the core of the game.  Sure it is fun, but there is nothing game changer.  The only thing game changer was the extended ending which was free.  If they would have charged for it, then I would be pissed.

Wright said:
plaZeHD said:
Wright said:
plaZeHD said:

Season Pass means they've already think several DLC to be included within the game. If one of those is story-related, well, why not put it in the game instead of being DLC? You're removing something you could totally include within the original package.

So did RockStar. Just because of RockStar didn't say they will have Story DLCs in public doesn't mean they didn't had it in mind. The Joel and Ellie journey ends with this game. And like I said before, you don't know where it takes place, who you will be in controll of, what it's about...ETC. So why start complaining?

Heavenly_King said:
Wright said:
Heavenly_King said:

I really dont care what he is saying about ME3.   For me the ME3 DLC, as I said is unimportant to the core of the game.  Sure it is fun, but there is nothing game changer.  The only thing game changer was the extended ending which was free.  If they would have charged for it, then I would be pissed.

Yeah. Of course this guy was not game changer.