By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us - Review Thread (MASTERPIECE CONFIRMED)

Tagged games:

Other recent reviews by Tom Chick (Quarter To Three):

Bioshock Infinite: 6/10
Journey: 4/10
Far Cry 3: 6/10
Halo 4: 2/10
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm: 4/10

How can he always get away with this? He's not even biased. He's just a crappy reviewer.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Guys, there's going to be far more reviews and if you're thinking nobody is going to score it around 2-7/10 again, you're kidding yourselves. It happens to nearly all games in recent years. That will pull it down to 94-95. Calling it.

Future high 5 ;(

Boutros said:
The Quarter To Three review is out. Exactly as expected.

6/10

Not linking to the actual website but here's the N4G link:

http://m.n4g.com/news/1281296

Called it :)

See post above xD

Get with the times guys, there will be people like this for litterary any game (or atleast 95%). 94-95 is still an insane score this late in the generation. Hell I still expect it to go down to even 94.

Why is this Tom guy's reviews taken into consideration on metacritics?

quarter to three strikes again. GTA V will be the next victim.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

Yeah I also wonder why metacritic keeps adding Quarter To Three reviews, they should be more strict when it comes to troll reviews, when a site goes reverse to everyone else that 99% means they do that for hits, and metacritic loses credibility including them.

Nevertheless they were pretty generous when it came to TLoU compared to some of other universally acclaimed games they reviewed

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Boutros said:
Other recent reviews by Tom Chick (Quarter To Three):

Bioshock Infinite: 6/10
Journey: 4/10
Far Cry 3: 6/10
Halo 4: 2/10
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm: 4/10

How can he always get away with this? He's not even biased. He's just a crappy reviewer.

Disgusting. I mean, I can appreciate not agreeing with the swarm - I personally don't care for a lot of popular, top rated games - but that doesn't mean you deliberately take hits against EVERY top rated game for the shit of it.  Bioshock infinite was overrated, sure, but it's still a great game.  Journey, he obviously just didn't GET, Far Cry 3 is the only review in there that might have some credibility.  Halo 4 may not be as good as the other three, but goddamn a 2?  There's no justification in the world for that.  it may not be the best, but wow.  That's just plain disgusting. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Yeah that Tom Chick is such a douchebag. I'm rather incensed about thw whole thing. Never trust any review from Quarter To Three or Polygon. They're just not credible review sites. To me it's simply fishing for page views/traffic on the site.

Well, I've just read Quarter to Three's review (some valid points in it) - honestly, it does not sound as terrible as Meta score suggests, to me it reads like 75, so I'm guessing that 60 comes from unfortunate conversion of 5 star system into 100 points scale.

Gaming Age
Dark Zero

Both gave 10's. They are on Metas official publication list so they will be added soon enough most likely :D. (Both have reviews on the recent Bioshock Infinite for example)

Thatll take up the amount of 10's to 34, a mere 5 away from UC2. Fucking crazy!