By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Internet is flooded by Sony fans"

pokoko said:
sales2099 said:
The only rationale is that all the "normal" gamers, people who don't have the need to talk about their feelings on forums (lol), just play Xbox and live their daily life. Serious, avid gamers, the ones who feel the desire and need, to discuss their feelings on the internet, seem to flock towards Sony consoles.

Sony gamers seem to like group therapy

Says someone with 5,000 posts.  I admit, I did laugh.  Perhaps you can share in that therapy?

I've been a lot of different places on the web, looking for a site that had people I liked and an atmosphere that felt comfortable.  In my experience, while I've seen some forums that held a Microsoft slant, most of them have been tilted toward Nintendo or Sony or both.  On the other hand, many of the gaming "news" websites I've frequented, where the residents communicate by leaving comments to articles and blog posts, have been completely and totally ruled by Microsoft fans.  The last such website I visited on a regular basis was completely pro-Microsoft, with any pro-Sony comment coming under immediate attack.

The difference, as far as I've seen with my own eyes, is that Sony and Nintendo fans, generally speaking, simply tend to be more literate.

Establishing a presence on a forum takes a certain measure of writing ability and a mindset capable of rational thought.  Establishing a presence on article/comment driven website, on the other hand, requires far less of the individual.  Generally speaking, they just have to be more vicious.  Comments such as, "$ony is runing the indsutry lol .. the cell yeah right lol .. the P$4 is going to crash hard lol .. $ony fanboys bite me lol," are not only common-place, but accepted.  On a proper forum, however, such posts would be ignore and/or ridiculed.

So, there you have it.  Microsoft fans, if you're feeling out-numbered on a gaming forum, it's not really the fault of Sony or Nintendo fans.  Rather, look to your bretheren who feel that "lol" is a valid form of punctuation and that reading or writing replies over 150 characters takes too long.  I'm sure these websites would welcome you into their fold, though you might have to deal with people who "lol" at you because they think writing three paragraphs takes a "an hour" (which it might for them).

Still waiting for these magical sites that somehow have a Xbox dominance.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
9087 said:

The internet if full of EDUCATED fans, so naturally they gravitate towards PS4 instead of Xbox.

Relevant ava+sig

I wouldn't say the internet is flooded by sony fans, only that they have more vocal fans than others, at least on this site. And wouldn't a hardcore gamer be someone who spends a lot of their time playing games. And not on the internet all day trying to prove a point.

Microsoft doesn't have fans, only customers. Sure, people buy and enjoy their products. But I don't know anyone who idolizes them as a company the way others do Sony and Nintendo.

Carl2291 said:
Its not true, from my experience on the Internet.

Nintendo fans and PlayStation fans tend to be about equal depending on whats happening at the time. If Nintendo consoles arent doing too well, then PS fans tend to have the upper hand. If PS consoles are in a hole, then Ninty fans tend to be the more prominent.

On another note, PS fans in general tend to be the louder of the fanbases. This is due to being "attacked" from 2 sides. Both Xbox fans and Nintendo fans get on at PS fans, but Nintendo fans and Xbox fans tend to ignore eachother. Think of it more as a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. PS fans will be fighting on 2 fronts, while Xbox and Nintendo fans tend to just get on at PS fans.

Thus, you get the illusion that "The Internet is flooded by Sony fans".

This post, yep. The fanbase is big enough to wage a 2 front war.

OP you get that perception because both Nintendo and Xbox got shitted on for WiiU and Xbone.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
sales2099 said:
pokoko said:
sales2099 said:
The only rationale is that all the "normal" gamers, people who don't have the need to talk about their feelings on forums (lol), just play Xbox and live their daily life. Serious, avid gamers, the ones who feel the desire and need, to discuss their feelings on the internet, seem to flock towards Sony consoles.

Says someone with 5,000 posts.  I admit, I did laugh.  Perhaps you can share in that therapy?

I've been a lot of different places on the web, looking for a site that had people I liked and an atmosphere that felt comfortable.  In my experience, while I've seen some forums that held a Microsoft slant, most of them have been tilted toward Nintendo or Sony or both.  On the other hand, many of the gaming "news" websites I've frequented, where the residents communicate by leaving comments to articles and blog posts, have been completely and totally ruled by Microsoft fans.  The last such website I visited on a regular basis was completely pro-Microsoft, with any pro-Sony comment coming under immediate attack.

The difference, as far as I've seen with my own eyes, is that Sony and Nintendo fans, generally speaking, simply tend to be more literate.

Establishing a presence on a forum takes a certain measure of writing ability and a mindset capable of rational thought.  Establishing a presence on article/comment driven website, on the other hand, requires far less of the individual.  Generally speaking, they just have to be more vicious.  Comments such as, "$ony is runing the indsutry lol .. the cell yeah right lol .. the P$4 is going to crash hard lol .. $ony fanboys bite me lol," are not only common-place, but accepted.  On a proper forum, however, such posts would be ignore and/or ridiculed.

So, there you have it.  Microsoft fans, if you're feeling out-numbered on a gaming forum, it's not really the fault of Sony or Nintendo fans.  Rather, look to your bretheren who feel that "lol" is a valid form of punctuation and that reading or writing replies over 150 characters takes too long.  I'm sure these websites would welcome you into their fold, though you might have to deal with people who "lol" at you because they think writing three paragraphs takes a "an hour" (which it might for them).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/forums

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/

:)

Thank you for stating the painfully obvious......that the official Xbox website has a Xbox bias.

Give me a 3rd party web site. An independent gaming news site, something with no official tie to any of the big 3. I dare you.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

No not really, it's just you categorizing anyone who doesn't like the xbone as a Sony fan. You can see this attitude on this site, I mean I don't know how many times I have seen Nintendo fans being called Sony fanboys because they were said something negative about Microsoft and the same for when Microsoft fans say anything negative about Nintendo they are automatically labeled as Sony fanboys. Sony fans are just the scapegoat of the Internet

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Honestly I can barely read these forums because of all the negativity surrounding all the next gen consoles. I took a long break after PS4 got announced because it was just to chaotic. I might have to take another break until E3.

sales2099 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
sales2099 said:
pokoko said:
sales2099 said:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/forums

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/

:)

Thank you for stating the painfully obvious......that the official Xbox website has a Xbox bias.

Give me a 3rd party web site. An independent gaming news site, something with no official tie to any of the big 3. I dare you.

Gameinformer IMO is definitely big on MS then the other 2. But some people might percieve it different.

Farsala said:
Honestly I can barely read these forums because of all the negativity surrounding all the next gen consoles. I took a long break after PS4 got announced because it was just to chaotic. I might have to take another break until E3.

Mocking is not being negative, it's being overly positive while biased =D