By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin’en Multimedia: Wii U Is Most Definitely A Next-Generation Console

it is a shame that thread like this don't get many answers :(

also

It’s better than Xbox – sorry, it is better – and you can squeeze lots out of it, but you have to really work hard on it and I think you can make great games with it.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Shin'en are REALLY good at maxing out hardware.

They are like 5 guys. I'm serious though. Nano Assault on 3DS looks stunning.

But I don't agree with their "we only need good games" thing. Sometimes we need something like Minecraft. Which isn't exactly a "good" game but extremely fun and engaging. With a unique and innovative idea. Something like Nintendogs or Pokemon.

A little bad can be fun. Like Glitches and laughing at what stupid stuff you could do in a certain game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

outdated yes but not like the Wii..i just dont understand all that cloud talk blah,blah..only 15 days left I hope Ninty shows some power.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Pezus what were you doing at mynintendonews, may I ask?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

pezus said:
eFKac said:
Pezus what were you doing at mynintendonews, may I ask?

What, it's my second favourite website :O

So you're like Nintendo's version of Phil Harrison, I see now...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

lol I was waiting for somebody to post the interview actually since I don't wanna post all the positive Nintendo news all the time :P

Anyways, these guys are the real deal, youtube Nano Assault Neo and watch that game a little, that game is 80~MB in size, it's fucking mind boggling how good they are.

dahuman said:

Wonder why Nintendo just doesn't hire them for engines and stuff like that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I agree, I think PS360 spoiled gamers too much with how big a jump it was over previous gen and expect that everytime now.

On a side note isnt Shinen rumored to be doing the next F-Zero?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
Comments like this are only as good as the developers.

What do u mean by that

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

WiiU games cant look outdated compared to Ps4 Xone games.

They have similar if not identical shader capabilites etc. The resolution will be cut in half and the framerate will not be 60 but 30fps or whatever and then you have the same game just needing 1/4 of the power.

Wii looked outdated because it was basically PS2 era
Wii lacked most of the stuff PS360 were able to handle. And third party developers could not be bothered to implement "replacement effects" that they used in the Gamecube era etc (Splinter Cell on GC has better lighting than 99% of third party games on Wii) because the newer engines simply could not handle "old school"effects because noone implemented the compatibility yet or they were removed (why have messy 2001 oldschool code noone needs in a 2010 etc engine?)

So they removed the effects completely instead of trying to mimic PS360 visuals with older effects.

WiiU on the other hand wont have that problem because the capabilities are very similar to PS4 and Xone.

I mean when you look at Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS or Mario 3D Land they dont really look outdated compared to PS360. Sure they look inferior but def not outdated. PSP looks outdated because it also lacks all the shaders etc.

BTW  I would even say PS360 wont look outdated compared to PS4 and Xone  when developers replace  effects those two cant handle with PS360 era effects.

I mean the PS2 era had almost NOTHING. The only thing the era had was  crappy shadows and very bad lighting.  PS360 with their überlong shelf time  made devlopers come up with 99% of real world effects to make their new game look better than their old one.  We gave good shadows, great lighting,  tons of particle effects, reflections, refractions, self shadowing, bokeh  etc.....

There is not much left other than refining those effects  and SCALE of worlds.