By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are Wii U sales figures here hard copy only?

Tagged games:

Boutros said:
The Wii U is actually probably the least affected by the lack of digital sales tracking.

I have bought 2 retail disks for WiiU and 13 downloaded games (8 of them AAA rest are indie).  This is not unusual for most WiiU owners I know.  Mind you I purchase 100% of PC games digitally.   So I don't think your assumption holds.  A USB harddrive is just plain simple to add to a WiiU, no storage issues.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
The Wii U is actually probably the least affected by the lack of digital sales tracking.

Yup agreed there are way more PSN and XBL users than there are eShop users.

Ucell said:
Boutros said:

In total sales or revenue yeah, but percentage-wise WiiU is probably slightly more important than XBL and the PS3 PSN users.

All in all tiny compared to the huge difference in PC sales (over 50% digital).

EDIT: Some numbers

In the US 78% of PS3 users have connected their consoles to the internet and 73% of 360 owners. (Wii 54%)
Result of a 2010 poll.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28058/

Worldwide WiiU has a 80% connection rate
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/wii_u_and_3ds_online_connection_rates_exceed_80_percent

From Nintendo's own 3DS numbers, we see the following ranking in connectivity:
Japan > US >>>>>>> Europe

pezus said:
DerpSandwich said:
People think the system sales are bad, but what about all the people who downloaded their Wii U's?

Wii U hasn't been hacked yet, so it can't be pirated. I wonder how many downloaded their 360's, PSP's and Wii's though. Must be an astronomical number.

I think what he said is a joke.

Given Nintendo`s data, the difference between sold SW and the data here is just too big to have so many SW on shelves.
Still, it`s the next best thing and seeing as there isn`t a reliable source to add digital sales to VGC sales, there`s no blaming the website.
I rather take what i can get than nothing at all!

Around the Network
pezus said:
DerpSandwich said:
People think the system sales are bad, but what about all the people who downloaded their Wii U's?

Wii U hasn't been hacked yet, so it can't be pirated. I wonder how many downloaded their 360's, PSP's and Wii's though. Must be an astronomical number.

I wouldn't be surprised if more like five kajillion people had Wiis instead of a hundred million.  Damn pirates.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

pezus said:
DerpSandwich said:
pezus said:
DerpSandwich said:

I wouldn't be surprised if more like five kajillion people had Wiis instead of a hundred million.  Damn pirates.

Yeah, just imagine how many sales it lost because of that. This is probably why they changed the materials with WiiU and added a touch screen so it couldn't be directly downloaded.

Proprietary discs, too.  Everybody knows you can't download a proprietary disc.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Barozi said:
Ucell said:
Boutros said:

In total sales or revenue yeah, but percentage-wise WiiU is probably slightly more important than XBL and the PS3 PSN users.

All in all tiny compared to the huge difference in PC sales (over 50% digital).

EDIT: Some numbers

In the US 78% of PS3 users have connected their consoles to the internet and 73% of 360 owners. (Wii 54%)
Result of a 2010 poll.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28058/

Worldwide WiiU has a 80% connection rate
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/wii_u_and_3ds_online_connection_rates_exceed_80_percent

From Nintendo's own 3DS numbers, we see the following ranking in connectivity:
Japan > US >>>>>>> Europe

wow! 80% is huge

Click HERE and be happy