By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will you get XBOX1? YES or NO..

Will you get it?

Yes! 123 13.24%

No! 719 77.40%

Undecided... but most likely _____ what? 87 9.36%

Total:929

No, I'm not very interested in what it has to offer nor will I have the money for it.

Around the Network

not decided. waiting for more info.

Undecided.

My post will probably get lost in the mix because A) I am not replying to anyone's post with hate and B) I am not going to trash Microsoft

I won't be getting the Xbox One. It's the PS4 for me. I am a gamer. I like to play games. So the decision on which console to buy couldn't be easier. And there is nothing Microsoft can show me at E3 to change my mind

I am not mad a Microsoft though. They are making and marketing a console for the casual gamer crowd, families, the bros, and COD/Halo/Fifa type gamer... not the core/hardcore gamer. Which is fine. I am sure those groups will be a great source of income for Microsoft. I have no doubt the Xbox One will sell well... maybe even sell more consoles than the PS4/Wii U.

But that type of thing matters very little to me as I don't own stock or work for Sony or Microsoft.

I am a big fan of Infamous. I was playing Infamous 1 today for about 4 hours. But I am not stupid to think Infamous Second Son will sell Halo or COD numbers. So maybe Microsoft is smart for targeting the Halo/COD TV and sports bros, families, and casuals.

I won't judge anyone who wants to buy the Xbox One. But it's just not for me

Subie_Greg said:
My post will probably get lost in the mix because A) I am not replying to anyone's post with hate and B) I am not going to trash Microsoft

I won't be getting the Xbox One. It's the PS4 for me. I am a gamer. I like to play games. So the decision on which console to buy couldn't be easier. And there is nothing Microsoft can show me at E3 to change my mind

No offense but uhhhhhh... that's kind of stupid.  I hated the XBox One reveal as much as the next guy, but to say there is nothing they could do to change your mind is pretty silly.  As horrible as the XBox One was, if they come out at E3 and say, "Hey by the way, we're going to fund and publish Shenmue 3, Skies of Arcadia 2, Psychonauts 2, a new Battletoads, a new Killer Instinct, Mega Man Legends 3, a bunch of new awesome IPs, and a new insert all your favorites here, I'd line up to buy something day one. 

I don't care how much they try to appeal to the non-gamers, if they can show that they care about me too, I'm cool.  Of course, based on their conference, I really don't see that happening at E3, but I hope to be proven wrong.

Around the Network

Undecided if i will buy one this year or next year, but eventually i will because i cannot miss out on Halo 5.

I really want to know what games it will have to offer before i decide when ill pick one up. Its pretty silly how most people have made up their minds already when a majority of systems features and games haven't been revealed, but hey this is the internet and stupidity is king.

JWeinCom said:
Subie_Greg said:

No offense but uhhhhhh... that's kind of stupid.  I hated the XBox One reveal as much as the next guy, but to say there is nothing they could do to change your mind is pretty silly.  As horrible as the XBox One was, if they come out at E3 and say, "Hey by the way, we're going to fund and publish Shenmue 3, Skies of Arcadia 2, Psychonauts 2, a new Battletoads, a new Killer Instinct, Mega Man Legends 3, a bunch of new awesome IPs, and a new insert all your favorites here, I'd line up to buy something day one. 

I don't care how much they try to appeal to the non-gamers, if they can show that they care about me too, I'm cool.  Of course, based on their conference, I really don't see that happening at E3, but I hope to be proven wrong.

Well that's your opinion. I have mine

I also didn't like the reveal. Didn't like the DRM and all that stuff. But the Kinect thing was the deal breaker. 

It would be different if they gave it to me for free and then said hey you need to do these 10 things in order to use it. But since I am paying for the product, the only thing I should need to do in order to use it is buy it. I refuse to buy a console that must "watch" me while I play a game. 

I didn't buy the Kinect or PS Move this gen, and I want be forced to buy one next gen

JusSayian said:
Undecided if i will buy one this year or next year, but eventually i will because i cannot miss out on Halo 5.

I really want to know what games it will have to offer before i decide when ill pick one up. Its pretty silly how most people have made up their minds already when a majority of systems features and games haven't been revealed, but hey this is the internet and stupidity is king.

i really think majority of the people that are decided will play ps4 or wii u or pc or whatever coming out.... like myself im 99% sure that i wont buy an xbox... because 1st im a nintendo guy and second... im a sony guy (used to)... nothing xbox exclusive makes me want to change that and i dont need any further anouncement for me to say no....

Fifaguy360 said:
not decided. waiting for more info.

what will make you buy it?

Yes for sure because I love Microsoft :)
Now before the E3 and the presentation of the "gaming" side of the device I think it is very early for a lot to decide. (I mean for non Sony/Microsoft loyalists of course )