By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Microsoft shooting to sell 25 million more Xbox 360 units

Soundwave said:

Personally I think no. Most of the growth this past cycle came almost entirely from Nintendo. And that audience moved on to smartphones and don't want to pay even $5 for a game. Why should they? Those $1 games keep their attention for a while and then there are 1000 others waiting once they tired of that one.

This generation will see a contraction over 5 years IMO.

PS2 + XBox = 175 million sold approx.

PS3 + 360 = 140 million sold approx.

To me this doesn't show a lot of growth outside when looking at non-Nintendo platforms.

ps3 + 360 = 154 plus but combining the two is a manipulative way of looking at it.

ps3 is down compaired to the ps2 and won't ever pass it while the 360 is several times the sales of the xbox and its growth compaired to it will only continue.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Farsala said:
100m 360s pretty much confirms PS3 should make it too. Here I thought Sony would end up last.

Sony only know how to ends in first... PS3 > Wii > 360 in sales at the end of this gen.

...and only know how to come last with their handhelds.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

hivycox said:
I'm quoting ReviewTechUSA here:

"The buttsex is strong with this one" XD

Well Microsoft is expecting successes like the iPhone because they think they got a machine that can do everything! Too bad for them

I think they want to surpass Iphone <400 milllion all Iphones combined.

There is no way in hell Wii U + PS4 + Xbone will sell 1000 Million Consoles.

If Wii U doubles Wii numbers and surpasses Nintendo DS and PS2 they will have just 200 Million that means for MS plan to come true PS4 and Xbone have to do 800 Million. Unless he counts all gaming devices including Phones this is just bullshit. There are just 1.5 Billion Households on this planet and 66% must buy a Wii U or PS4/Xbone. 

"Traditional"markets ike Kongo, Vietnam, Mongolia, Russia, Ivory Coast and more have to buy this shit too to some extent, atleast an unprecedented amount of it even if every household in America/Europe/Japan buys it.

Man, there must be a gas leak or something over at MS headquarters. They're REALLY in for a rude awakening if they really think their anti-consumer console, and gaming in general is going to do that well in this recession..

Why release a new console if you want to support the current one for 5 more years at least?
Also, there is no way there will be 1 billion consoles sold from all 3 consoles, try 1/4 billion if you are lucky and that's if Wii U starts to pick up and PS4 is console leader. Xbox one won't shift too many units, not with their anti-customer attitude of late

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

"This just in, New Xbox 360's in Japan are only $29.95. "

Hmm, so a big price reduction or a new lower priced console? Perhaps both?

The good news is they will be supporting the Xbox 360 for a while.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

the2real4mafol said:

Why release a new console if you want to support the current one for 5 more years at least?

Sony has been supporting the PS2 for almost 7 years so what's wrong if MS supports this for another 5 years? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

delusions...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Does Microsoft have a 30-year plan with the X1?