By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Retail sources detail how pre-owned sales will work on Xbox One

Arcturus said:
dahuman said:
I feel bad for the poor, the college kids, and kids in general, because used game prices will now rise, my condolences.

The price of used games won't necessarily rise, but the amount you receive for trading in your game will fall.

yeah, it's either that or the other, not a good thing either way for the consumers.

Around the Network

Gamestop shares no 11.55% down! OUCH!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ail said:
Euphoria14 said:
Also, for those saying "It's nice because the devs will get more money". No, they won't. The publishers will.

The majority of the dev are publisher owned these days as for the few that aren't, the money is a function of the revenue the game makes so dev will indeed get more money..

I was unaware that the developers themselves were going to be seeing extra cash in their pockets.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
Also, for those saying "It's nice because the devs will get more money". No, they won't. The publishers will.

And that will go towards new and better things so in the end some of it does go to the developer. Furthermore if this means more people buying new and a new way for them to actually track used sales then maybe more developers get sales bonuses.

As for how some of us can dare defend this, idk if anyone is actually defending it so much as we see the inevitable. Stuff like this is coming to consoles, you might as well get used to the idea. Personally I think this is a great step up from the PC market, where you buy a game and it's stuck with you forever. If they can make it so you can go in and sell digital games as well, fucking awesome.

Still plummeting. Gamestop shares now down 13.08%.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Euphoria14 said:

And that will go towards new and better things so in the end some of it does go to the developer. Furthermore if this means more people buying new and a new way for them to actually track used sales then maybe more developers get sales bonuses.

As for how some of us can dare defend this, idk if anyone is actually defending it so much as we see the inevitable. Stuff like this is coming to consoles, you might as well get used to the idea. Personally I think this is a great step up from the PC market, where you buy a game and it's stuck with you forever. If they can make it so you can go in and sell digital games as well, fucking awesome.

I am not saying you can't defend it, I am just saying that I do not. You choose to think "It's inevitable, so i'll just deal with it", meanwhile I choose "I'll vote with my wallet".

I have no problems pirating from here on out. I actually like to OWN the things I buy and have rights over them. I like to be able to sell it if I wish and not be handcuffed to specific retailers in order to do so. I bought it, it's mine. I should be able to maximize on my return.

I also do not buy my games on Steam or buy games that do no enable me to resell them privately if I wish to do so.

Currently playing:

For the people saying it is "inevitable," it's not. It may be inevitable for a company to try it, sure, but just don't buy the console and vote with your wallet. If they fail hard enough, no one will try it again for a while :)

Euphoria14 said:

Holy sh*t. That's actually really sad.

Nintendo and PC gamer

J_Allard said:
Euphoria14 said:

Pc games are significantly cheaper than console games, ever been on steam?  Why would u want to sell a game u got for 10$?  Retailers do a terrible job pricing older games.  Most downloadable games on consoles don't recieve price cuts either I've noticed.  

osed125 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Holy sh*t. That's actually really sad.

13.52% now.

Yeah, isn't it great that people are cheering this on?

They complain when a dev loses his job, but who cares if the people working at the 3,000+ locations feel the sting.

Currently playing: