By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project X Zone demo is up!!!! First impressions.

S.Peelman said:

. I tried the demo just to see, but Fire Emblem remains the furthest I will go in this genre .

Fire Emblem is pretty far into the genre though! (At least the other games, and Awakening on Classic)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Fire Emblem is pretty far into the genre though! (At least the other games, and Awakening on Classic)

That might be true, but the main difference most people will recognize is that Fire Emblem removes the bullshit and moves at the pace of light compared to other SRPGs.

Project X Zone's battle commands mean that every map will take a long time to complete despite only ten enemies. Tedious and repetitive, plus a lot of those Capcom/Namco/Sega characters are hardly familiar faces to non-Japanese gamers.

At the very least you can skip the long battle sequences in Project X Zone, but I have never played any other game of its genre so I don't know if that's common.  
I personally think Final Fantasy Tactics took much longer due to the fact that skills took up more than a single turn to execute.

But I know what you're saying, but I still know I will enjoy the game.

RolStoppable said:

That might be true, but the main difference most people will recognize is that Fire Emblem removes the bullshit and moves at the pace of light compared to other SRPGs.

Truetrue. But then a great strategy game of any sort, let alone a SRPG, is hard to come by.

As for this game in particular, I'll probably download the demo soon, but the impressions in this thread haven't exactly been stellar.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
S.Peelman said:

. I tried the demo just to see, but Fire Emblem remains the furthest I will go in this genre .

Project X Zone's battle commands mean that every map will take a long time to complete despite only ten enemies. Tedious and repetitive, plus a lot of those Capcom/Namco/Sega characters are hardly familiar faces to non-Japanese gamers.

Well, yes, essentially because of this .

I know there's a lot of depth to be found in Fire Emblem too, but I feel the player can just ignore that and play the game almost casually without missing out on anything crucial. Which is a big plus, I guess Project X Zone and the like are just... too hardcore for me .