By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's the proper abbreviation for the Xbox One?

What abbreviation do you prefer?

XB1 40 17.94%

XBO 21 9.42%

XBone 86 38.57%

XBOne 11 4.93%

XOne 26 11.66%

Abbreviations are for lazy bums 16 7.17%

Other 22 9.87%

Total:222

I like X1, but XOne or XB1 is ok, just don't like it as much.

But if anyone write the 'bone' one I stop reading and move on to the next post. I know they enjoy sharing that the Microsoft console gives them an erection. I just don't need/want to know that. It's worked out nicely, as I only read the more interesting posting that way.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

I like XBO and it's the one that would sound best in conversation as well as being short to write online.

TruckOSaurus said:

Since the reveal of Microsoft new console, I've seen the Xbox One abbreviated in many forms. I like some more than others, here's what I've spotted so far:

XBone/Xbone -  This one I really don't like because I always read it as X-Bone

That's exactly why I like it. It's the only one that doesn't get caught on the tongue.

Ex-bone. It rolls off.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It's got to be Xbone, it's just too good to pass up!

I would just stick with 'Xbox One' when speaking, but that's what I called the first Xbox (which is now the unwieldy 'the first Xbox'..).

The alternatives are all cars, almost-TV networks or movie references anyway.

No surprises it wins by a landslide. And so it should.

For the MS fans, this new console gives them a major boner, and they want to have its babies.

For non-fans it gives them a boner because now they are sure their console (yes even the Wii U) will kick Xbone's arse in sales. Even PC gamers are getting boners at the thought of gamers they lost to the actual Xbox 1 finally coming back to their true home.

The Xbone has united all gamers, no matter their preference, in giving them boners, even the girls.

Thus Xbone is the perfect abbreviation for everyone.

Xbone, it only bones everything. See it's even boned Sony's PS3 tag line! It's got more power then teh C3ll! 8-o

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Kantor said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Since the reveal of Microsoft new console, I've seen the Xbox One abbreviated in many forms. I like some more than others, here's what I've spotted so far:

XBone/Xbone -  This one I really don't like because I always read it as X-Bone

That's exactly why I like it. It's the only one that doesn't get caught on the tongue.

Ex-bone. It rolls off.

So you're saying bones roll off your tongue. I'll keep that in mind.

Signature goes here!

X.O.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

X1 is short, starting to use that now

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.